"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 08-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Need gift in a jar/bridal party ideas...

My friend is having a wedding soon and for her bridal party we have to give a recipe fit for a queen. I have decided to give her a little 'cooking essentials' gift basket with the recipe mix in a jar.

Here's what I've decided to give her:

- mixing bowl
- wooden spoons
- spatula
- 8x8 pan

Now, the only thing I'm having trouble with is the actual recipe! I know there has to be tons of recipes out there that use those items I listed above, but I can't find any that would work well by putting the ingredients into a jar to give. I know she will have to provide the wet ingredients, but I need a recipe that just says something like "combine all ingredients from the jar and add this and this and this."

Anyone have any ideas? It doesn't necessarily have to be a dessert mix, but I thought an 8x8 pan is pretty essential in cooking, right? What might be some other essentials that one would need that I could include in this basket?

Old 08-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboholic View Post
My friend is having a wedding soon and for her bridal party we have to give a recipe fit for a queen. I have decided to give her a little 'cooking essentials' gift basket with the recipe mix in a jar.

Here's what I've decided to give her:

- mixing bowl
- wooden spoons
- spatula
- 8x8 pan

Now, the only thing I'm having trouble with is the actual recipe! I know there has to be tons of recipes out there that use those items I listed above, but I can't find any that would work well by putting the ingredients into a jar to give. I know she will have to provide the wet ingredients, but I need a recipe that just says something like "combine all ingredients from the jar and add this and this and this."

Anyone have any ideas? It doesn't necessarily have to be a dessert mix, but I thought an 8x8 pan is pretty essential in cooking, right? What might be some other essentials that one would need that I could include in this basket?
Get a good sized jar and the ingredients to make chicken pot pie Or give beans pinto o f course and fixins for chili snd corn bread. Make sure to give her a recipe well printed or typed for each recuipe. If you need a drunken bean recipe and oone for corn bread give a holler.
kadesma

Old 08-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
Assistant Cook

Thanks for those ideas. The requirement for the party is to bring a recipe on an index card and I figured I could combine the gifts (cooking essentials) with the recipe and the ingredients (in a jar) and it's all good to go! What's your recipe for chicken pot pie? She lives in Colorado so I think that would be good for the winter months.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboholic View Post
Thanks for those ideas. The requirement for the party is to bring a recipe on an index card and I figured I could combine the gifts (cooking essentials) with the recipe and the ingredients (in a jar) and it's all good to go! What's your recipe for chicken pot pie? She lives in Colorado so I think that would be good for the winter months.
I use an already cooked rotisserie chicken.bout 2 cups 3 hard cooked eggs sliced 1/2 c thin sliced carrots, 1/2 c. frozen green peas Mix the broth with one 101/2 oz cream of mushroom soup and Pour over the layers.-
Stir together 1 cup biscuit mix and 1 cup milk pour over casserole. Divide 1 stick melted butter Drizzle over topping Bake 350 til topping is golden 30 to 49 min
kadesma
Old 08-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

That sounds super good. Quite difficult to put into a jar to give to her, but thanks anyway. :)
Old 08-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
Honey Badger

Here's a few links. Some of them are too pretty to ever use.

Gift in a Jar Recipes, Jar Recipes, Jar Mixes

Jar Cakes, Jar Mixes, Food Gifts From the Recipe - The Recipe Link

Have fun! :)

Munky.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:18 AM   #7
Head Chef

A wire whisk would be a nice addition to your other items.

Here are lots of jar mix recipes with ratings and reviews:
http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=jar%20mixes&SortBy=Rating&Di rection=Descending

Tags
beginning cooking, cooking, gifts, recipe