Need help finding a Paul Prudhomme butter bean recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL Hi Ladycook, dove is actually wonderfully succulent and flavorfull. The first time I ever tried seasoned and grilled dove breast I immediatley went out and bought a shotgun. Blackbird on the other hand isn't so hot. I thought my girlfriend had just messed up the dove recipe. When I learned later that it was blackbird, I thought "ah, now I understand". Then I told her not to do that to me again. :LOL: Another bird down here that is very popular is Poule D'eau which is French for "water chicken". The english name is American Coot. I do not care for the flavor of it. It tastes like the lake smells no matter how much you marinate it and I just can't dig on that. I have been on a couple of poule d'eau hunts but I don't hunt them anymore since I believe in only killing what I intend to eat.

Jim

P.S. You might be confusing dove with pigeon. Pigeons are scavengers and eat garbage. I would not eat one of them (knowingly) either.

:sick:blackbird? dove? :sick:

Last edited:
Cajun Cook said:
The first time I ever tried seasoned and grilled dove breast I immediatley went out and bought a shotgun.

:LOL: Wrap a piece of bacon around them, and I can almost eat a limit!!

Last edited:
That is exactly the way they did those dove breasts. Seasoned them with beau monde seasoning, wrapped bacon, and grilled. Thought I would loose my mind......wait a tic.....wasn't this a butter bean thread just a little while ago? :LOL:

Last edited:
Wrap a piece of Bacon around a Butterbean and I'd eat it.

My mom keeps a lot of old recipes, and I think she was pretty fond of Paul Prudhomme. I'll ask her this weekend if she's heard of it.

Hi Auntdot,

The butter beans that drive you crazy recipe had practically the entire animal kingdom in there. Ham, chicken, duck, andouille, and one other one that I can't remember now. This one turned out pretty dang good though. My girlfriend is from "down the bayou" so I always respect her opinion and she really liked them.

Jim
:) Sounds like a Cassoulet (french recipe) look that up in your old Prudhome cook books

Back
Top Bottom