Need help identifying this can of beans...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
Can anyone help me identify these beans? The next question, I want to make a bean salad...will these go well with kidney, garbonzo, red onion and broccoli? maybe also a little bit of corn...boiled peanuts...and raisins?

Last edited:
Can anyone help me identify these beans? The next question, I want to make a bean salad...will these go well with kidney, garbonzo, red onion and broccoli? maybe also a little bit of corn...boiled peanuts...and raisins?

A picture or link would help.

We might be able to help you if there was a description of the beans or a picture. :angel:

I thought I attached it to the first post...how do I add a photo? I choose the "browse" option, found the file...but nothing :(

Last edited:
Here we go again!

Attachments

• beans.jpg
    beans.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 241
Spanish white beans. They're already cooked in the can so you can add them to a salad or soup.

They have several names. Depends in which part of the country you grew up in. Name doesn't matter, just good eating. :angel:

I like to heat them up with a glob of butter added. I've never heard of them in a salad, but they would probably be good.

Butterbeans are a favorite of mine. I love to make my own!

My only concern for bean salad is their texture. Some beans do better in cans than others. The firmer ones are great for bean salad. Others are kinda mushy, don't hold their shape, and kinda break down as your mixing the bean salad. So if your intentions are specifically for bean salad, have a Plan B read, just incase you open the can and the texture is a little too mushy.

Back
Top Bottom