Need help on (Onion + Garlic + Broccoli) preparation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandpacked

Assistant Cook
Hey fellow cooks! I am new in this forum and also to cooking.

Mum usually does all the cooking but I am making an effort to learn how to cook for many wonderful reasons :chef: !

Anyway, in my society, I feel that a lack of diet in vegetables is present most of the time and I usually get the chance to eat them only when mum cooks it but sometimes yuck! the chinese cooking style (where vegetables are doused in wet soup/sauce? and are usually too moist) doesn't satisfy my taste buds but I still eat them anyways.

I have decided to bunch up a few vegetables to make my own dish, onion, garlic and broccoli. Probably blend the taste all together with minimal oil and might top it off with honey after cooking.

Any ideas on what type of methods or how I should prepare this vegetable combo? Is it a good idea to have it raw or cook them? I would like them slightly cooked (so that is heated and not too cold when I eat them) to retain some of its nutrients and not completely fried.

Thanks in advance, I am very new to cooking and have no idea. Hope you understand my question.

Roast them with olive oil, salt and pepper in a 400 degree oven. They are tasty and not wet. Roasting brings out the sweetness of the vegetables. I do this a lot.

Back
Top Bottom