Need help with Sohan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmcc

Assistant Cook
hi everyone

I have been trying to make Persian Sohan for long time but unfortunately I could not do it in the right way, I have read about its ingredient and recipe, I even watched few videos (what are available in the net) but it did not work because most of them in Persian language and they do not give full details about the method.

I think I am missing something, such as the type of flour, there is two types mentioned usually in the its ingredient but because of the language I could know what they are exactly, also the level of heat that is needed, the period of cook.

so could anyone help me with full details about how to do the Sohan,

Last edited:
hi everyone

I have been trying to make Persian Sohan for long time but unfortunately I could not do it in the right way, I have read about its ingredient and recipe, I even watched few videos (what are available in the net) but it did not work because most of them in Persian language and they do not give full details about the method.
I think I am missing something, such as the type of flour, there is two types mentioned usually in the its ingredient but because of the language I could know what they are exactly, also the level of heat that is needed, the period of cook.

so could anyone help me with full details about how to do the Sohan,
I've found this Indian version of sohan halwa which contains cornflour (corn starch - not polenta)

Sohan Halwa Recipe - NDTVCooks.com

Alternatively this Persian/Iranian recipe is a sort of brittle toffee and doesn't contain any sort of starch in it

Saffron almond brittle (sohan-e qom) recipe : SBS Food

Hope this helps

Thank you both Mad Cook and Steve Kroll, I think there is more than one type of this sweet, unfortunately I am looking for different type, it is very famous in Qom, I have been there once and it was everywhere.

Thank you both Mad Cook and Steve Kroll, I think there is more than one type of this sweet, unfortunately I am looking for different type, it is very famous in Qom, I have been there once and it was everywhere.
My second link is for the Qom variety.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom