Need ideas for liver.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That ridiculous part of my personality reared it's head when I saw the thread title. My first thought was "don't mix acetaminophen and alcohol". After that came; "Don't eat death cap, or destroying angel mushrooms. After that came movie lines that I'd heard in the past, such as; "I eat my enemy's liver raw, to obtain his power."

The mind of a writer, or even a wannabe writer is way to fertile and needs to be reigned in.:ohmy:

So, besides liver pate', which I've already submited, what can I add that is helpful? Hmmmm. Don't burn it. It will stink up the house like non-other.:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

How about them hors d'ouvres, ain't they neat;
Little piece of cheese, little piece of meat.

When I have leftover liver (we have a restaurant that makes a great calf's liver, which both husband and I love, but it's always too much), I pull out my 3 or 4 Cajun cookbooks and make a beef version of dirty rice with the leftovers.

Dirty rice is one of my guilty pleasure foods, as I could eat it by the quart, and make myself sick on it. I tend to use equal parts liver, to a fresh ground sausage(or andouille), onions, garlic, bell peppers, celery(well, trinity, let's just call it what it is), red pepper flakes, liver sausage, red pepper flakes, rice, and stock. . . cokk and stir, cook and stir, and EAT. I LOVE me some Dirty Rice! Some dirty rice, with a chicken fried steak over it, and some breakfast style sausage gravy is one of my death row meals.

Dirty rice is one of my guilty pleasure foods, as I could eat it by the quart, and make myself sick on it. I tend to use equal parts liver, to a fresh ground sausage(or andouille), onions, garlic, bell peppers, celery(well, trinity, let's just call it what it is), red pepper flakes, liver sausage, red pepper flakes, rice, and stock. . . cokk and stir, cook and stir, and EAT. I LOVE me some Dirty Rice! Some dirty rice, with a chicken fried steak over it, and some breakfast style sausage gravy is one of my death row meals.

I have a couple of friends who claim to hate liver. But I've gone out with them to Cajun restaurants and they scarf the dirty rice up. My husband and I would just smirk and keep on eating. Can't they even taste the stuff that makes dirty rice, well, dirty?

Back
Top Bottom