"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Old 05-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #11
Assistant Cook
Thanks, Sush for the tip, I'm thinking the same thing.
Unc, I want to believe you and trust you. Maybe I'll call Dad. I called last Christmas and left an "I miss you, Dad" on the machine. I don't want to be the one with things left unsaid when he's passed over. Maybe my love for him will outweigh the hurt I caused. I just hope you're right that he can overlook the stupid things I did. Thanks. XXXO

If this goes perflooey, we can always order pizza.
Glace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
Welcome to DC Glace. My parents and I did not speak to one another for 6 years. My mother got very sick, I went to care for her (who did she want--me). Although I still am hurt by what my parents did, and that hurt will never go away, they are still my parents and they still love me. I still love them. And, I really wish I hadn't missed the six years when my mother still had her mind and she was still my mom. Don't wait too long.

CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
You're welcome....If possible go see him face to face. That would be the best option. If that isn't possible, I strongly encourage you to contact/call him at every opportunity. and be persistent...Birthday cards, Father's day. etc. etc. etc. I'm sure your love for him will eventually soften his heart and you can restore the relationship. Never give up...Never!!
There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
Glace--I don't know what happened, but all I can say, is "suck up your pride." Accept your dad for who he is, and remember that he loves you more than life itself. My dad would put an "x" on the calendar to mark off every day before I arrived--but he was very undemonstrative. Father's Day is fast approaching. Book a flight and tell him you're coming HOME. He'll pick you up at the airport. And he'll give you a hug. And all will be forgotten (maybe not forgiven, but forgotten). That is what family is about. And, when you leave, he will give you the biggest, strongest hug you've ever had and say "thank you." Uncle Bob is right, "a daddy always loves his baby."

Oh--and I left lots of messages on their vm. I finally had to take action and catch a flight. I'm glad I did.

CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote