New Member, a Couple Questions (risotto, springform pans)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
licia:

Sounds delicious. I see you use olive oil rather than butter. That's not surprising in Rome. Butter is more common in the North.

Have you ever tried risotto with butter? Also have you ever tried adding a pat or two of butter to the finished risotto for a rich finish?

No I haven't tried the butter yet, but I too heard that it is a common practice in Piedment/Lombardia region. Well, probably your suggestion is correct as "risotto alla milanese" originates in this region!!:-p Also the hardcore Milanese version uses the real bone marrow extract to flavour the risotto, but perhaps it is a little controvertial nowadays after the "madcow scare"!! Anyway the next time I will try the dub of butter, I am sure it will be delicious thanks for the tip!!

Andy M. said:
licia:

Sounds delicious. I see you use olive oil rather than butter. That's not surprising in Rome. Butter is more common in the North.

Have you ever tried risotto with butter? Also have you ever tried adding a pat or two of butter to the finished risotto for a rich finish?

Back
Top Bottom