New new ideas for chicken salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A bit late to this thread but here's one that we had a couple of weeks ago at a reserved seating chef's table dinner at a local restaurant. The recipe is straight from the chef and it was for about 30 people so you will have to re-proportion it accordingly.

Jerk Chicken Salad

1/2 red onion - diced
1/2 celery - diced
18 each chicken breast - cooked and diced
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
5 cups mayonnaise
3/4 cup Caribbean jerk seasoning
2 cups sour cream

Mix all ingredients well and season with salt and pepper to taste. It was served with home made yucca chips.... other chips could be subbed. They should be a bit less crispy (more toothy?) than a typical potato chip.

The quantities of the onion and celery seem a bit light for the rest, but I haven't tried it yet to test it out.

It was delicious as the first course in a Caribbean themed dinner!! :chef:

Last edited:
Not changing the regular chicken salad recipe but I like to change the way of serving it.
I have stuff a green pepper with it using the pepper for a bowl or core out a tomato and stuff the tomato
Use a tortilla and put slices of avacado and strip of bacon

Sounds good. The thought of stuffed tomato is making me drool.

I used to make seafood salad and stuff it in an avocado half. It works well for chicken salad, tuna salad, or even egg salad.

I found out that tumeric is good for folks with arthritis so I started putting it in my chicken salads. Makes it a nice yellow color...unexpected in chicken salad.

Back
Top Bottom