New Recipes I'd Like To Try

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What stores are near you Addie?
Try googling them to see if they carry it, rather than trying to hunt around in your scooter... ;)

Thanks to both of you and will do. I think Market Basket just may carry it also. If they do I am definitely going to get me some.

If we get the snow that they say we are this week, my scooter will be parked until spring. Can't take it out with snow on the ground. I never know from block to block if the handicap access at each corner has been cleared. If not, I am stuck to drive it in the street until I find a corner with access. The law is very clear in Boston. You MUST shovel your sidewalk within so many hours after the snow stops and if you live near a handicap access you are required to shovel that as well. Good luck with that. Although it has been getting better each year. If you don't shovel, the city will do it and add the cost to your tax bill at the end of the year. :angel:

kgirl, that lemon pie has me drooling. Andy, the pork ragu looks and sounds so good. I just re-read through this thread - I know I have so many recipes I want to try, now I want to go look through my 'to try' folder.
Thanks for reviving this, Kay. :)

Addie, take a look at Walmart too.
I've seen it many, many stores.

Folks think Walmart is everywhere. But not here in Boston. Spike has an account with Walmart and he goes up Route 107 about once a month. So I will have him look for me. Thanks for the idea. :angel:

Kayelle, thanks for bumping this thread. I never noticed it when it was floating around the first time. Unfortunately, I've spent an inordinate amount of time reading it and clicking on all the recipes I'll never find time to make. Like many of you, I, too, have a list of recipes I'd like to try. My laptop folder is titled "Soon-to-be Dinners". Wishful thinking, the "soon" part. :LOL:

I belong to a Facebook food group - just one, although it looks like there are scads of them. Anyway, there have been a couple of times someone has made a Portuguese dish called "Bacalao" that looks interesting. There are enough Portuguese decent people living around us that the local Market Basket carries the salted cod all of the time. After wandering around the interwebs, I've settled on two recipes that sound good - or at least pieces and parts of them. I'll probably cherry-pick the parts of each recipe that sound more appealing and come up with my own version. Hopefully I don't create a mess! :LOL:

Bacalao a la Vizcaina (Basque Style Codfish Stew)

Seafood Stew that Reminds Us of Portugal

Addie, the three closest TS's near you:
TJ's Boston - Back Bay (510)
899 Boylston St

748 Memorial Dr
Cambridge, MA 02139

1317 Beacon St
Brookline, MA 02446

You need to make friends with Google. I found this in no time. ;)

I have to see where the closest one is to me. There are so many products they have that I have wanted to try. So far I only know of one out in Newton. At least an hour away by public transit. There has to be one in town with all the Yuppie condos that have gone up these past ten years or so. In town is only 20 minutes away on its slowest day. :angel:
is there a fresh pasta shop nearby?

I created an entire board on my Pinterest just for this, recipes I want to try:
https://www.pinterest.com/auntiedoni/are-you-kidding-me-were-doing-this/

Well, I tried one the recipes from my Pinterest board, meh, it was not what I had my mouth all set for...

010.JPG

009.JPG

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/480900066440819667/

I was so excited when I pulled these babies from the hot box, let it cool and popped one in my mouth, quality control dontcha know... I was disappointed.
Although, I must say, I took these over to the neighbors for NYE cocktail party and they were gone in a heartbeat...
I pilled a Christmas Tray sky high with these bites and walked around the room with them, offering an appetizer to one and all, introducing myself... this gal asks me, "Are you the waitress? Dear, I'd really need another Gin and Tonic."
BAHAHA!

Last edited:
Yeah, ya know Cheryl, I thought so too, but they're just missing something... dunno ... oh I know, I FORGOT to put in the 2 Garlic Cloves :LOL:
no but, something else is missing, some recipes I've read for S-A dip call for sour cream and a pinch of cayenne or red pepper...

Oh yeah, a little bit of heat would perk them right up. They do look tasty :yum:

I find salting, drying and dredging on flour does the trick both with zucchini and aubergines if you're doing an aubergine parmigiana

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I find salting, drying and dredging on flour does the trick both with zucchini and aubergines if you're doing an aubergine parmigiana

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

And I prefer salting and pressing them and then rinsing the salt off. After that I prefer dipping them in egg only after drying the strips as much as possible. :angel:

I have a silly question. I have made Pappardelle myself many times. But it is the one pasta I never see on the grocery shelf. Does any company make such a pasta? Or do you have to make it at home yourself each time? It is a really easy pasta to make so I don't consider it work. It is one of my favorite pastas. :angel:
or, you could make a big batch ond dry it or freeze it in portions.

I print out recipes I want to make or have made.
So if anyone wants to see one they will have to come over and rifle through about 200 pages that aren't in any particular order :wacko:

That said, I just saw this on YT and and the chicken/sausage combination appeals to me, so I will be making it soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD-OO1du9C8

Yumm....
Just seen the whole thread found so many new recipes. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom