New Recipes I'd Like To Try

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WE can share recipes...anyone is welcome to chime in with a new recipe they see.

My goodness Andy, At least allow the ink to dry on your screen before asking for more, or allow PF to try this one and give us a thumb's up. I think it looks good.

I have been wanting to make a good red enchilada sauce for a long time. Not happy with prev recipes I tried, and you have to eat a whole pan of 'em , like making lasagna or a ham, after 3 days... nor have I been happy with canned sauces, even from the Mexican market, too tomatoe-y.

This is a recipe I found recent and want to give it a go. I think I will use beef or chicken broth instead of all that water but otherwise I probably won't tinker with it as it is someone's old family recipe.

Homemade Enchilada Sauce - Circle B Kitchen - Circle B Kitchen

Oh that one looks good, Whiska...I've been looking for a good enchilada sauce ! Thanks!

This is a good idea for a thread PF!
Whisk that enchilada sauce sounds great. I've been looking for a good one for years. Thanks

I don't keep links for recipes I want to try. If I find a recipe that looks good, I immediately copy it to my computer as a Word document. That way, if the site goes down or the recipe is removed, I'm still good.

I don't keep links for recipes I want to try. If I find a recipe that looks good, I immediately copy it to my computer as a Word document. That way, if the site goes down or the recipe is removed, I'm still good.

I normally do that too Andy although I rarely copy where I got it.

I wouldn't want to share it in this thread without reworking the working of the instructions because of the copyright laws.

Last edited:
I like to save recipes right away, too. I tried pinning on Pinterest, but it was a pain, and links were often no good. I import interesting recipes into a MasterCook cookbook, then it's easy to search by what ingredients I have on hand. The last one I saved was one from DC. I think the next ones will be from this post. Panko crusted soft boiled eggs...whodathunkit.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Lamb and Potato Curry

Recipe By :Steve Kroll, Discuss Cooking Forum
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Lamb

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 lbs lamb stew meat -- cut into 1-2 inch pieces
3 medium onions -- thinly sliced
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp minced ginger
1 can tomato puree -- (28 oz.)
3 Tbsp oil -- or as needed (3 to 4)
3 green cardamom pods
5 cloves
1 inch cinnamon stick
2 black cardamom pods
2 bay leaves
2 Tsp cumin seeds
1 Tsp turmeric powder
1 Tsp red chilli powder
2 Tsp coriander powder
1 Tsp garam masala powder
1/4 cup yogurt
4 red potatoes -- peeled and quartered (4 to 5)
Salt to taste
1/4 cup fresh cilantro -- chopped (optional)
1 hot green chillies -- seeded and chopped (optional) (1 to 2)

Add the oil to a cold dutch oven or large kadai. Add the cloves, bay leaves, black and green cardamoms, and cinnamon. Turn the heat to medium and allow the spices to warm in the oil until they become fragrant.

When the spices begin to crackle, add the onions. Saute until the onions become translucent, then add the cumin seeds, ginger, and garlic. Continue sauteing, stirring occasionally, until the onions are light brown and begin to caramelize. If the onions become too dry, add a tablespoon of water to the pan.

While the onion mixture is cooking, in a separate pan cook the lamb pieces in oil over medium-high heat. Work in batches, so as not to crowd the pan. Stir until the pieces are browned on all sides. This is to seal the meat. Add the lamb to the onion mixture, along with the turmeric, chilli powder, and coriander powder.

Add the canned tomatoes and cook over medium heat until most of the moisture has evaporated from the pan.

Add the yogurt. Stir until the yogurt is blended.

Add 2-3 cups of hot water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the lamb begins to become tender, maybe 30 minutes.

Add the potatoes, garam masala, and salt to taste. Simmer until the lamb is very tender and the potatoes are done.

If desired, garnish with cilantro and chopped green chillis. Serve the curry with an Indian bread (naan, roti, chapati) and rice.

S(Internet Address):
"http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/lamb-and-potato-curry-79546.html"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I copy recipes I like to my files too and I reference at the bottom it's source, in a general sort of way, eg food dot com/ simply recipes etc. In this instance it was one I recently found on a blog and I went back in and followed her recipe list until I found it again. Of course she didn't have it listed under anything Logical. But I found it, and I am glad I referenced the whole blog source, as Kayelle found another good one.

I copied and pasted the recipe into a document, but thought others might like it so I shared the link...

Oh gosh....so many! I'll have to look through my 'to try' and narrow it down. :LOL: Many of them are from here. :)

Good idea, princess....thanks!

I usually use the copy-and paste method too when I spot a recipe I might like. It's so easy and recipes can go right into my "Try Soon" file. The first "Try Soon" file is 270 pages and Book 2 is only 202 pages 2 or 3 recipes on each page.

I print out recipes I want to make or have made.
So if anyone wants to see one they will have to come over and rifle through about 200 pages that aren't in any particular order :wacko:

That said, I just saw this on YT and and the chicken/sausage combination appeals to me, so I will be making it soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD-OO1du9C8

Looks good, pac. I love 'kabobs. I have the same system as you - print them out, put them in a folder, and promise myself I'm going to organize them 'soon'. sigh.... :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom