New Recipes I'd Like To Try

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This sort of goes along with another post about a dish I recently tried. That was zucchini noodles ("zoodles") and turkey meatballs. In my search for more faux pasta recipes, I found one for zucchini ravioli which I knew I just had to try. I made it tonight. I didn't have enough of my sauce left, so I threw some of the leftover cheese and spinach filling mixture into the sauce, and added a little vodka... Voila! al la vodka (or tonight's version of it). Below are the before and after pictures (before and after sauce and meatballs)..

[

Last edited:
Did you stuff your zoodles with meat or cheese? I am making these this Tuesday and have found recipes for both. My sister always comes for dinner that day and I usually make a new recipe.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Kathleen, toasted pine nuts would be a great sub for walnuts in that dish! My daughters don't care for walnuts either, but they love pine nuts.

That DOES look good. :yum: Our local farm stand has eggplant now, I will have to try that. :)

Last edited:
Another Version of Zucchini Lasagna

Here's another version of zucchini lasagna with zucchini being the 'noodles" that I want to try. A more traditional look. There have been some huge zucchinis in the garden. So big that I call them "zucchini on steroids". One of those would probably do it. Link to the recipe is below the image.

Zucchini Lasagna

Last edited:
Did you stuff your zoodles with meat or cheese? I am making these this Tuesday and have found recipes for both. My sister always comes for dinner that day and I usually make a new recipe.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking
Sorry, I never saw this. Hopefully you found a recipe or just experimented. These were filled with cheese.

I want to try this recipe for Spaghetti with Grilled Eggplant, Tomato, & Onion. It looks so fresh and simply delicious. My pause has been that I need to use something in place of walnuts. Some in the house do not like walnuts, but I think it will need a bit of a crunch.

~Kathleen

I made this tonight. It turned out pretty good even though I used my griddle and not the grill. The tomatoes caramelize and cook in the skins. When chopped a bit, it makes a really nice tomato base that coats the pasta and other vegetables. I used walnuts but crushed them as recommended. They gave a nice flavor and hint of a crunch.

I believe the grill would have made it much better and I could have reduced the amount of oil. Leftovers will be used as a side dish tomorrow! I'll definitely make this again but will use the grill next time!

~Kathleen

Attachments

• 2014-08-11 16.22.11.jpg
    2014-08-11 16.22.11.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 220
Looks yummy!

I read a recipe earlier that uses chard leaves and stuffs them with what you would stuff peppers with. Considering it.

Back
Top Bottom