New Recipes Wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
Looking for some new things to experiment with. We have our variety of meals, but it feels like we are always eating the same things over and over. So I'm looking for new recipes, that you & your family like.

We will eat just about any kind of meat. I haven't experimented with things like Lamb but wouldn't mind trying it.

Also if you have any desserts that you love baking I wouldn't mind having those recipes too, if you feel like sharing!

Regarding desserts, I need more specifics - what types of desserts are you looking for and are there any flavors you don't like?

It's hard to know what to suggest without knowing what you already eat that you're getting tired of. Jess, read through the daily dinner threads and see what you might like. Ask for the recipes and you shall receive.

Andy M. said:
It's hard to know what to suggest without knowing what you already eat that you're getting tired of. Jess, read through the daily dinner threads and see what you might like. Ask for the recipes and you shall receive.

+1

I got this recipe from one of the AM talk shows.

I made this in under ten minutes and it was very good! Everyone loved it and asked for seconds. Unfortunately I only made one batch but should have doubled the recipe. I served it with hot, fluffy, rice, Creole Soak Salad, and French bread.

Hope you like it:)

Recipe: Aretha's 'mmm mmm mmm' peanut butter shrimp Aretha Franklin

Ingredients

2-3 pats butter
8-10 medium shrimp with heads & shells off, deveined.
2 T. creamy peanut butter
Nice dash soy sauce
Cayenne pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic finely minced

Preparation

Melt butter in saute pan. Add shrimp, cook until pink. Stir in peanut butter and add soy sauce. Add cayenne pepper and crushed red pepper. Stir until peanut butter becomes a sauce. Turn down the heat and simmer for a few minutes.
Serve with white fluffy rice (or potato salad, coleslaw, spaghetti or your favorite starch).

Last edited:
Looking for some new things to experiment with. We have our variety of meals, but it feels like we are always eating the same things over and over. So I'm looking for new recipes, that you & your family like.

We will eat just about any kind of meat. I haven't experimented with things like Lamb but wouldn't mind trying it.

Also if you have any desserts that you love baking I wouldn't mind having those recipes too, if you feel like sharing!

There is my thread here CharlieD's ukranian recipe, try it. There is a whole bunch of different things there, including some awesome dessert.

There is my thread here CharlieD's ukranian recipe, try it. There is a whole bunch of different things there, including some awesome dessert.
Charlie's thread is amazing! You should also just peruse through all of the recipe forums here on DC. We have some great cooks who have shared some amazing stuff. You are sure to get inspiration!

Back
Top Bottom