New twist to the other thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bacon and cheese...two of the worlds great foods...but not together!!

Corn cooked in anything! I like it just fine in a little pile on my plate with butter, S&P. Mix it into anything...bleech!

Same here. i can never understand this. How is it that I love corn, but add to soup, and I will not even touch the plate.

Interestingly I have an opposite reaction to beans, I love beans in my borsht, But serve them in anything else and I'd be sick if eat it. Really phisicaly sick.

I can eat it with or without to all of the above. I prefer not to have crackers mixed into any liquid preperation, such as chili or soup, but I can eat it if it's offered to me without any problem. But here's a strange one. I love a bit of chili powder in my baked or pork and beans. But I can't stand pork and beans, or baked beans in my chili.

Love Colby and Jack cheeses. Don't like ColbyJack. To me, it has a soapy flavor.

No stinky cheese added to anything.

Dont' like caviar as it's too salty. Don't like raw fish preperations. Don't like seaweed. But you can put all of them in a great sushi roll and I love it. how does that work:ohmy:?

Don't pair mint with anything if it's going on my plate, or in my bowl or glass. But members of the mint family, such as sage, oregano, and thyme are used like crazy in my home, and by me. I love them.

There are others, but can't think of them right now.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Caviar is really an aquaried taste, I don't know anyboody who can just start eating it. And it takes time to get used to it, just my opinion.

I like sweets, I like savory but seldom like sweet stuff on my savory foods. e.g. meats with sweet fruit based sauces.

Ditto. Actually, I'm not much of a sweet eater, if I have sweets I need something salty after to cleanse my palate.:LOL:

I like to... ... drop a crisp crack onto the spoon of soup just before it goes into my mouth. The cracker has to crunch!! Something about mushy cracker mouth feel is yucky!
That's the only way I'll eat crackers with soup. Not so much on the dipping.
I also don't dip my cookies in milk. I want lots of milk with each bite of cookie but can't stand the end of the glass when the cookie crumbs are all soggy, makes me gag. I take a bite of cookie, a sip of milk, chew, then repeat.
I like burgers & ground meats in many ways, and I LOVE soup, but don't care for ground meat in soup or sauces. I don't mind actual meatballs in pasta sauce or pho, but not regular ground meat. I'll put ground beef in chili for the flavor but then pick around it.
2 goofy exceptions: hamburger soup (brown ground beef, add celery, onions, potatoes, carrots, frozen peas and water) and a cheap taco soup:Canned tomato soup, browned ground beef, taco seasoning, kidney beans, topped with cheese & sour cream. Don't ask me why those are the 2 exceptions, I don't get it either.
I like ketchup on hot dogs, especially campfire cooked dogs (when the campfire isn't past my bedtime) but can't stand it on corndogs.

Back
Top Bottom