"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 09-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #11
Master Chef

I like to dip crackers in soup or drop a crisp crack onto the spoon of soup just before it goes into my mouth. The cracker has to crunch!! Something about mushy cracker mouth feel is yucky!

Old 09-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #12
Certifiable Executive Chef

Site Administrator

Marshmallows. I like em roasted on a stick but not added to any dish. Cereal treats, Jello salads, that abomination with oranges and cool whip, sweet potatoes, peanut butter sandwiches, etc.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #13
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Same here! My husband eats his just like your husband does, and I eat mine like you do.

Barbara
I am a member of the crackerless soup club as well. Give me some buttered crackers or even with cheese on the side, but NEVER let even a crumb get into my soup! Dad and DH end up with something that more resembles oatmeal than soup when they get finished.

- I love rice and as mentioned I love my soup - but I don't care much for rice soups.
- Mushrooms and chicken are two foods I could survive on forever, and they can be served side by side - I just don't like them together, such as mushroom stuffed chicken or chicken in a mushroom sauce.
- Similarly, I love prawns/shrimp, scallops and fish as long as they are served on their own (with sides of course). I don't like seafood chowders, or in sauces, casseroles, etc. I can't do seafood and creamy anything!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #14
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Ketchup on hot dogs just isn't right in my book either.
This is what I came to post. I enjoy them both, but the thought of them together turns my stomach. To be fair though, I have never actually tasted the combo so I can not say that I would not actually like it if I tried it.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #15
Certified Pretend Chef

I have to agree on a lot of these.

If you're older than 10, you should not be allowed to put ketchup on a hot dog. Actually, I don't use ketchup much at all. Sometimes for fries and rings.

If someone puts in the effort make a soup for me, I don't need crackers to make it taste good.

I like Jell-O, I like salad. Cannot stand Jell-O salads.

I like sweets, I like savory but seldom like sweet stuff on my savory foods. e.g. meats with sweet fruit based sauces.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #16
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I have to agree on a lot of these.

If you're older than 10, you should not be allowed to put ketchup on a hot dog. Actually, I don't use ketchup much at all. Sometimes for fries and rings.

If someone puts in the effort make a soup for me, I don't need crackers to make it taste good.

I like Jell-O, I like salad. Cannot stand Jell-O salads.

I like sweets, I like savory but seldom like sweet stuff on my savory foods. e.g. meats with sweet fruit based sauces.
I don't put ketchup on ANYTHING. Just can't stand the stuff, but that could be because as I was growing up I was allergic to tomatoes and never acquired a taste for it.

So Andy, what if they put in no effort on the soup (ie from a can). Do you use crackers then?

I forgot your last two - jello salads and sweet on meat are definite no's here too.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #17
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I don't put ketchup on ANYTHING. Just can't stand the stuff, but that could be because as I was growing up I was allergic to tomatoes and never acquired a taste for it.

So Andy, what if they put in no effort on the soup (ie from a can). Do you use crackers then?

I forgot your last too - jello salads and sweet on meat or definite no's here too.
I love soups. I make them a lot in the winter and some in the summer too. I grew up eating homemade soups. I never had a canned soup until I was in my teens. I didn't like it then and don't like it now. If offered canned soup, I'd probably pass if I could do so politely and just eat the crackers.

BTW, aren't crackers just an easy substitution of good bread and butter?
Old 09-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #18
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
I love soups. I make them a lot in the winter and some in the summer too. I grew up eating homemade soups. I never had a canned soup until I was in my teens. I didn't like it then and don't like it now. If offered canned soup, I'd probably pass if I could do so politely and just eat the crackers.

BTW, aren't crackers just an easy substitution of good bread and butter?
I agree on homemade versus canned...I just couldn't resist calling you on that one

I also agree on the bread and butter, as long as it is homemade bread. I have gotten hooked on DH's gluten-free multi-grain crackers lately.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #19
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Quote:

I happen to like ketchup on my hot dogs... harrumph.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #20
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
I happen to like ketchup on my hot dogs... harrumph.
You have to go finish your homework before you can go out to play.