New Ways To Enjoy Chicken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, turkey is fine :)

After my snouting through the family’s 5,000 recipe archives, you would’ve thought I could find our lovely tandoori turkey recipe. But no.

img_915547_0_92eb0ab32e945774f1285df458392a1e.gif

So, I’ll have another look tomorrow. :LOL:

Hi Chrissy!

Try our Chicken In The Pot - this is typical Indian food that is easy to make providing you set out all the ingredients accordingly. Don't worry - put the spices in little saucers, the onion and the garlic in another.. rustling up Indian food then becomes far easier to manage than you could imagine. :)

2 generous handfuls fresh coriander, chopped

This sounds really great! We eat a lot of Indian at home and out as well. I think this will have to be tried in our house in the near future. :D

Just a note... fresh coriander is fresh cilantro in the US. I thought I'd mention that as Chrissy was saying that she's new to cooking from scratch.

Last edited:
Wow thank you! I'd love to add red pepper to this to make it a little spicy. :)

The green chilies are fairly spicy to start with. You might want to make the recipe "as is" the first time and go from there. That's kind of the conventional wisdom... make exactly to recipe the first time, then adjust for personal taste from there. Good luck with it!

After my snouting through the family’s 5,000 recipe archives, you would’ve thought I could find our lovely tandoori turkey recipe. But no.

img_916731_0_92eb0ab32e945774f1285df458392a1e.gif

So, I’ll have another look tomorrow. :LOL:

hey Linux, did you ever find that recipe?? Let me know if you do. :)

This sounds really great! We eat a lot of Indian at home and out as well. I think this will have to be tried in our house in the near future. :D

Just a note... fresh coriander is fresh cilantro in the US. I thought I'd mention that as Chrissy was saying that she's new to cooking from scratch.

That's funny, I was actually wondering what that is! Thanks :) I really enjoy Indian food! It's bursting with spices and flavor!

Chicken Chop Suey (chow mien with crunchy noodles added, lo mien with soft noodles added), Goodweed style.

1 can sliced water chestnuts
1 cab bamboo shoots
1 medium onion, sliced
1 carrot, peeled and sliced on the bias
1 stalk celery, washed and sliced on the bias
8 oz. fresh mushrooms (straw mushrooms, chanterelles, or whatever you favorites are)
1 split chicken breast with bone and skin
8 oz. fresh bean sprouts
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1 dash of Chinese 5-spice powder
2 tsp. sugar
2 tbs. cornstarch
1 tbs cooking oil
1 tbs. toasted sesame oil (optional)

Bone and skin the chicken breast. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. When hot, wipe with a bit of cooking oil. Add the chicken skin and saute until well browned. Lightly season with salt. Add the bone and 1/2 cup of water to the pan. Cover and turn heat to low. Simmer while cooking the other ingredients.

Slice the chicken into thin strips. Heat cooking oil in a large, heavy pan, or wok. When fragrant, add the various veggies, cooking each until hot, but still a little crispy. Remove to a large bowl and set aside. Add the chicken strips and cook until just starting to lightly brown. Add the veggies back in, along with the garlic and sesame oil. Mix the cornstarch and sugar with 2 tbs. of water to make a slurry. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken broth and season with the salt and 5-spice powder. Add the cornstarch slurry and stir. Pour this over the veggie-chicken mixture and serve with cooked or fried noodles, and rice.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Sounds yum thanks!

Questions! Do all supermakerts sell the Chinese 5 spice powder? And does the sesame oil add to the flavor?

Larger supermarkets that have an Asian foods section may have five spice powder.

Sesame oil adds fantastic flavor. Add sesame oil to recipes late in the process or even at the end. Heat kills the flavor of this oil.

Larger supermarkets that have an Asian foods section may have five spice powder.

Sesame oil adds fantastic flavor. Add sesame oil to recipes late in the process or even at the end. Heat kills the flavor of this oil.

Thanks, Andy. I haven't been on-line for a couple of days and you answered both questions famously.:)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Wow - lots of great suggestions & recipes.

But why hasn't this been moved over to the "poultry" forum so folks actually looking for great chicken recipes can enjoy them???

Back
Top Bottom