No cake tin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, and welcome to Discuss Cooking, you'll like it here.

An ovenproof skillet or saute pan will work. I've used a stainless steel skillet to bake a cornbread and it worked great.

You could bake it in one of the pans Andy mentioned...or put something in the middle of a microwave bowl..(so it's kind of like a bundt cake pan)...and cook it in the microwave. At least I've heard this will work...but I've never done it myself.

I use tuna can tins. They make great one serving portions, are excellent for making homemade burger buns(the large version)or dinner rolls(or kid's sized burger buns). The also make very pretty small cup "cakes". They are excellent for making one serving casserole dishes(and go from freezer to oven no issues). They make lovely sized muffins, and oh such a nice serving of quick bread for a lovely tea. I also like the fact that they make a nice sized quick bread that can be sliced in half horizontally and dipped in egg for French Toast...oh pure heaven!

They are expendable, replacable and tossable. The list for their uses is endless...

Last edited:
Brianschef said:
I use tuna can tins. They make great one serving portions, are excellent for making homemade burger buns(the large version)or dinner rolls(or kid's sized burger buns). The also make very pretty small cup "cakes". They are excellent for making one serving casserole dishes(and go from freezer to oven no issues). They make lovely sized muffins, and oh such a nice serving of quick bread for a lovely tea. I also like the fact that they make a nice sized quick bread that can be sliced in half horizontally and dipped in egg for French Toast...oh pure heaven!

They are expendable, replacable and tossable. The list for their uses is endless...

That's a great idea! If I were to make some cake ( just out of the box) how long would I cook it in a tuna can? At what temp. I'm really not allowed to bake since I over or under cook EVERYTHING. lol!!

Back
Top Bottom