No-Cook Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
Due to the extreme fire danger this summer my forest is holding a No-Cook Recipe Contest. I thought that it would be interesting to see what recipes that everyone here could come up with.

Just for fun here is the link to my forest's webpage: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/tahoe/

SC
:)

Stuffed Jalapenos

1 (11.5 oz.) jar whole jalapeno peppers
½ (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon sour cream
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 green onion bunch, finely diced
3 tablespoons cheddar cheese, finely shredded
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts

Cut each pepper in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Rinse with cold water and drain on paper towels. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, green onion, and cheese. Pipe or spoon into pepper halves. Chill. Before serving sprinkle walnuts over pepper halves. Makes 2 dozen.

I have a great no-bake chocolate cookiie recipe. It is really good. I will have to do a little digging. i will keep you posted.

Baloney Rollups:

Open refrigerator door, select slice of baloney from pack and roll into tube. Open yellow mustard jar (gourmands can open the Poupon). Hanging on open refrigerator door, dip baloney in open mustard jar and eat. Wash down with milk straight from carton. Wipe mustard off carton; close refrigerator.

2.gif

What did Mommy say about drinking milk out the carton?

Asian Coleslaw

1/2 small head of Napa Cabbage.. shredded (4 cups)
3 carrots, shredded
1 red, 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut very thinly
1/4 lb snow peas, trimmed and cut into thin strips
1/3 cup peanut oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp oriental sesame oil
1 tbsp honey
2 cloves garlic minced

Place vegies in large bowl. Whisk together peanut oil, vinegar, worcestershire, semsame oil, honey and garlic in small bowl until well blended. Pour dressing over vegies; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.

Back
Top Bottom