Noodles staying same chewiness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jzhang172

Assistant Cook
Is texture the term you used when you bite into something?

My papa bought some noodles from Safeway and they were really good, I'd recommend you try it, it's actually really good.

http://static.caloriecount.about.com/images/medium/signature-cafe-soup-savory-19058.jpg

When I bit into the noodles, they were not your typical very soft noodles you get in canned chicken noodle soup but it had a bit of hardiness to it, not crunchy of course but it had a nice resistance when I bit into it. It was fresh but the expiration date said it would last a month and it was a sealed container (Sealed on top with plastic). Would the noodles hardiness go down to really soft if I waited a month to eat it? Or if I refrigerate it, the chewiness level would be the same?

Thanks, much love from Virginia

Welcome to Discuss Cooking!

The picture you posted is of chicken and orzo soup. Although orzo is a pasta, it won't and shouldn't have the texture of noodles. From your description the orzo is as it should be, not like noodles.

There are some chinese egg noodles that you can buy (in swirled "nests" or clumped in one mass) where you just simmer for 1 minute, lightly loosening then with a fork, then leave off the heat for 4 mins. They tend to have some bite to them.

I think the texture will hold with storage, jzhang172. The Italian word for slightly chewy noodles is 'al dente' . English speakers use that word, too.

I will look for that soup--I hate mushy noodles.

I suspect storage won't change the texture of the noodles either. It looks like good soup, I'll have to watch for it.

Depends on the quality of the noodle and how long you cook it for.

The more chewiness the better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom