Now that I have a 14-cup food processor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can use the steel blade to "mince" meat (similar to ground) or make pie crusts, or use the other blades to slice, shred, or grate. Some have dough mixing attachments ... don't know what FP you have. It should have come with a book giving you some ideas beyond shredding cabbage.

There are FP Cookbooks like The Food Processor Bible (my favoriate is A Mostly French FP Cookbook - don't think it's in print anymore) and there are FP recipes online.

Ooooh, I recently got a 14 cup food processor too, slowpoke. Some of the things I use it for is slicing potatoes for making mashed potatoes or potatoes au gratin. The even slices makes them cook more evenly. I shred whole bags of carrots for salads - they last in a tupperware container with a little lemon juice for about a week. Also slicing cucumbers, celery and other veggies. Also making my own breadcrumbs. That's all I can think of but you'll get lots of suggestions here. (ChefJune is the queen of the food processor!)

I recently got a food processor.
They do do a good job at shredding cabbage, don't they? (lol)

Just got my KA 14 cup as well. I do have the dough blade, two chopping blades, two slicing blades, a shredding blade, two bowl inserts, and a juicer.
I actually spend some days just thinking of ways to use it for what I am cooking, LOL.

Ooooh, I recently got a 14 cup food processor too, slowpoke. Some of the things I use it for is slicing potatoes for making mashed potatoes or potatoes au gratin. The even slices makes them cook more evenly. I shred whole bags of carrots for salads - they last in a tupperware container with a little lemon juice for about a week. Also slicing cucumbers, celery and other veggies. Also making my own breadcrumbs. That's all I can think of but you'll get lots of suggestions here. (ChefJune is the queen of the food processor!)

Good ideas

I have a meat grinder and a smaller FP that has recipes etc.

I was wondering what a 14 cup something recipe would be.
I intend to use it to try and make a proper slurry so i can make hot dogs.
I have failed at that in the past

Just got my KA 14 cup as well. I do have the dough blade, two chopping blades, two slicing blades, a shredding blade, two bowl inserts, and a juicer.
I actually spend some days just thinking of ways to use it for what I am cooking, LOL.

Ihave those blades too. Right now the monster sits next to my #22 meat grinder.
Maybe ill try some slaw for a pot luck dinner soon.

Ihave those blades too. Right now the monster sits next to my #22 meat grinder.
Maybe ill try some slaw for a pot luck dinner soon.

The two big things I want to try in mine are a real creamed soup, like butternut squash (now I can make it nice and creamy); also fruit smoothies and such.
Our blender is broken, so instead of getting a new one, I figured I would get a FP and do everything the blender does and more. I also am thinking of taking the apples in the fridge and running them thru the juicer, maybe make some apple cider or apple juice.

Course, now I am thinking about homemade slaw for some strange reason...:glare:

The two big things I want to try in mine are a real creamed soup, like butternut squash (now I can make it nice and creamy); also fruit smoothies and such.
Our blender is broken, so instead of getting a new one, I figured I would get a FP and do everything the blender does and more. I also am thinking of taking the apples in the fridge and running them thru the juicer, maybe make some apple cider or apple juice.

Course, now I am thinking about homemade slaw for some strange reason...:glare:
i lived in chicago when mayor daily senior was mayor.
i also remember some very interesting things that happened in cicero. i loved chicago

Interesting things still happen in Cicero, and the dead still vote for Mayor Daily in Chicago!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I hung around in old town on my BEEMER bike. Bought furnature and art at the mdise
mart and ate at pizza uno before it was a chain.
I often did chinatown and ate at booker in blackstone territory when it was a small store front. Great museums-- especially science and industry. Big John was built when i lived there.

A special city for sure :)

I LOOOOOVE my food processor :wub: It's a Magimix 5500. Love it love it love it.
I use it to make the crust for quiche, it's so simple and because you put cold butter in and wizz it quickly (using the sharp blade, not the dough blade mind you), you can roll it straight out and put it into the flan tin immediately (but if you live somewhere hot you may still have trouble).

I also use it to make basil pesto. You don't need a huge one to make pesto, but it doesn't matter, it just does a great job.

I could go on, but I won't bore you. But as you can see I LOVE my food processor.

I LOOOOOVE my food processor :wub: It's a Magimix 5500. Love it love it love it.
I use it to make the crust for quiche, it's so simple and because you put cold butter in and wizz it quickly (using the sharp blade, not the dough blade mind you), you can roll it straight out and put it into the flan tin immediately (but if you live somewhere hot you may still have trouble).

I also use it to make basil pesto. You don't need a huge one to make pesto, but it doesn't matter, it just does a great job.

I could go on, but I won't bore you. But as you can see I LOVE my food processor.

You said a magic word.
FLAN

TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE IT

You said a magic word.
FLAN

TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE IT

Ok, I'll try. This is going from memory as the cookbook is at home and I'm at work (BTW it's nearly 1pm on a Saturday, I'm in Australia :))

Aaaanyway....you put the flour (my recipe calls for 300g from memory) in the food processor, using the sharp blade, with the pinch of salt (this is for savoury of course, I suppose you might be putting sugar in for a sweet shortcrust pasty)...then you add the cold diced butter (I *think* it said 125g, not 100% sure, will have to check at home) and process it until it is blended and resembles fine bread crumbs (takes less than 30 seconds).

Then whilst it is still running, slowly trickle in the 3 - 4 tablespoons of cold water (in Australia 1Tbsp = 20mls). It will come together and form a ball within about 20 seconds, then you tip it out and roll it out on a lightly floured bench/board, and press it into the flan tin as normal.

I then prick the base all over with a fork, blind bake it with rice/baking paper for 15 minutes (moderate oven), then take the rice out and put it back in the oven for 5 minutes to crisp it. The crust is now ready to use.

You can make two large (9x5) loaves of bread. kneading time, 90 seconds!

Have you read your instruction manual? I'll bet you'll get lots of ideas from there.

You can make two large (9x5) loaves of bread. kneading time, 90 seconds!

Have you read your instruction manual? I'll bet you'll get lots of ideas from there.

I asked this in another thread, but never got answered. I am hoping you will be able to help me. I made dough in my FP with the dough blade, and it kneaded like you said in about 90 seconds, LOL.
But, it stuck like crazy to the bowl. Any trick to that so it doesn't stick?

I have the KA 14 cup and love it. Today, I made two kinds of yeast doughs and pesto in it. I use it almost every day at least once.

Hummus and baba ganoush can also be made in a food processor. I can't remember the proper spelling, but it will also do a good job on gespatcho (cold tomato soup). The longer you have a food processor, the more you will need it.

Back
Top Bottom