"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 05-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #91
Assistant Cook

Recipes using Nutella

I love Nutella! But was looking for different ways to have it as well.
Ran across the following link
nutella recipes | cooking | recipe goldmine recipes

and one with a recipe to make your own Nutella!
Su Good Eats » Nuts for Nutella

Old 05-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #92
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to CherryRed
I haven't had Nutella since I was 10. I forgot all about it! I used to eat it all the time, usually on toast or a croissant. Maybe it's good that I haven't been around it all that much. . . I'd overindulge like no other. Lol.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:56 AM   #93
Sous Chef

I love Nutella, it goes on thicker than peanut butter on my bread thats for sure mmmmmmm :):):)

ohhh when i get home i am having some..i used to collect the magnets and things they used to put in the jar lid when i was a kid...made it even better hehehe
Old 07-17-2007, 07:33 PM   #94
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to wysiwyg
Nutella is quite popular in South America, specially in big cities (I'd imagine due to European influence), as someone stated in the first page.
In Sao Paulo, Brazil is pretty common to have all you can eat pizza where you pay a fix price and you get any slice of pizza that you can imagine and as dessert, I've tried Nutella pizza with banana slices. It was pretty good.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 PM   #95
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
My kids got hooked on this just this week. My daughter tried it at her friend's house on waffles and we're hooked. I topped my ice cream with it with sliced bananas. Delicious!
Old 07-31-2007, 11:21 AM   #96
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom

ohhh when i get home i am having some..i used to collect the magnets and things they used to put in the jar lid when i was a kid...made it even better hehehe

I still collect it :D they are so cute! Used to put them inside my pencil box in school...
Old 07-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #97
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
My restaurant supply/warehouse store had Nutella on sale once, so I picked up a jar, thinking it might be a good alternative to peanut butter once in a while on toast. Then I read the ingredients, and put it back on the shelf!

INGREDIENTS (in order of quantity): Sugar, vegetable oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, milk, skimmed-milk powder, milk proteins, lecitine (emulsifying agent), natural flavour

Sorry, but the only thing I'll buy that has sugar listed as the first ingredient, is sugar!
Old 09-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #98
Cook

We spread it on graham crackers. It is also good as a spread for banana chunks.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:42 PM   #99
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
My restaurant supply/warehouse store had Nutella on sale once, so I picked up a jar, thinking it might be a good alternative to peanut butter once in a while on toast. Then I read the ingredients, and put it back on the shelf!

INGREDIENTS (in order of quantity): Sugar, vegetable oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, milk, skimmed-milk powder, milk proteins, lecitine (emulsifying agent), natural flavour

Sorry, but the only thing I'll buy that has sugar listed as the first ingredient, is sugar!
Like you, I read labels on everything I purchase. Perhaps, if more people did that, some of this country's health problems would begin to diminish. But, having said that, please don't disregard the wonderful taste that is Nutella! Consider it a treat, not a 'healthy alternative' to anything! If you spread just a spoonful on toasted whole grain bread, and then top it with fresh sliced strawberries, it's not the worse snack you could eat! Just a helpful hint from one label reader to another!
Old 09-04-2007, 06:37 AM   #100
Master Chef

VB and others; Being diabetic, I too stay away from sugary and starchy things as a rule. But there is wisdom in VeraBlue's words. I was counciled to every once in a while, indulge in something really good, but in small amounts, like a favorite piece of chocolate. The idea is to eat something very good, not the cheap, or waxy stuff. With chocolate, I'd by some Dove dark, and put just a single square in my cheek and suck on it until it was completely dissolved. My favorite is to do the same with a Cadbury Caramello. Nutella works in the same way. Spread a tsp. or so on a piece of whole wheat bread and savor the flavor. This helps stop the cravings that sometimes lead diabetics to occasionally binge on doughnuts, or mashed potatoes, or sugary treats. The amount of sugar taken in is small, but satisfying neough to help control the carbohydrate cravings.

It's also important when using this technique to use something intensely flavorful as that will help satisfy the brain better than weaker flavored foods.

Good call VB! Don't deprive, moderate.

Seeeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote