"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 09-20-2005, 08:09 AM   #21
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
I must say I adore peanut butter (want a wild taste combine peanut butter and nutella - it's rather a nutty creation ).

It is soooo versatile and dependable. I love it in stir-fries, Thai dishes, desserts, sandwiches - you name it...It's just too bad that it's so high in fat!

p.s.
Anyone ever through calorie caution to the wind and fry up some of The King's favourite, fried banana and peanut butter?

p.s.s.
Crunchy or smooth?

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:37 AM   #22
Head Chef

We have a peanut butter version of nutella type stuff here which is OK but not a truly delicious as Nutella. Do you guys get little packs of Nutella with a tiny plastic spoon/scraper thing to eat it with?

Old 09-20-2005, 08:30 PM   #23
Executive Chef

GoodWeed, I remember ICE CUBES I loved those things, very addicting.Are they still available? If so let me know.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:55 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew
GoodWeed, I remember ICE CUBES I loved those things, very addicting.Are they still available? If so let me know.
They are still around and as delicious as ever!

BTW, Raton NM? I grew up in Santa Fe! Nice to have another New Mexican on the site!
Old 09-21-2005, 12:27 AM   #25
Master Chef

ice cubes! i used to love those. i also used to love nutella.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:11 AM   #26
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
I love them too! I waited all year for these special treats as we only ever got them at Christmas. Undoubtably one of my all time favourite chocolates!

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:27 AM   #27
Master Chef

I'm so happy to have sparked good memories about Ice Cubes. My wife introduced them to me as we didn't have them while growing up. They aren't as plentiful as they once were, but I can still find them.

As far as fatty but yummy treats go, spread your favorite PB & J on whole wheat to make a standard sandwich. Then butter the outsides and cook like a grilled cheese. It change the sandwich from a kid-staple to an adult indulgence.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:24 AM   #28
Everymom

Thanks for posting the picture of "Ice Cubes", now I know what you are talking about. Here in Canada we call them Icy Squares. I don't understand why things are named differently above and below the border. Odd isn't it?

Ken is our chocolate connossieur and he tells me that the quality of these (and many other) chocolates has changed. They are not quite as good as they once were. I believe him, but they taste FINE to me.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:40 AM   #29
Executive Chef

Wow Weed. Thanks for the memories of ice cubes. I recall when they were 2-5 cents in New Yawk City Candy Stores, next to the chunkies (chocolate, raisins & nuts), wax lips & wax soda bottles with a sweet syrup inside, reeses' peanut butter cups & pretzels.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:08 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Of all the places, I came across a hardware store in our town that sells Ice Cubes. Eating them gives me good memories of growing up.