Nutella chat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nutella is widely popular here in Australia, too. I love the stuff (straight from a spoon), but when my kids were little, I restricted their intake to occasional treats. I only ever serve it on toast or bread.

I recently tried the peanut version, and didn't like it at all.

Hot waffles with Nutella and whipped cream - heavenly!

Some rather oily and icky imitations (including one that swirls together fake nutella and banana creme) have been available here in Iceland for many years, but it was fairly recently that the real article became available. What a difference!

i love nutella, and i was very unhappy to discover that the stuff contains partially hydrogenated oils, otherwise known as trans-fats.:mad:

so good in crepes.

Ya know, I think this threads lasted nearly as long as the "World's Finest Pancake" thread did way back when.:LOL: Nutella is great tasting stuff. That's for sure. And speaking of pancake toppings, Nutella would have to be a natural.

I wonder how it would be if it were used as an ingredient in a ganache, maybe served hot over butter-pecan ice cream. I'm gonna have to try that one of these days, if I can ever find some sugar-free butter-pecan ice cream that is.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed of the North said:
I wonder how it would be if it were used as an ingredient in a ganache, maybe served hot over butter-pecan ice cream. I'm gonna have to try that one of these days, if I can ever find some sugar-free butter-pecan ice cream that is.
It is sooooo good over top of ice cream! Scope the amount that you want out of the jar, and heat it for a few seconds in the nuker if you like, it's way easier to pour it over your ice cream this way. Or it is great in it for that matter! At a gelato bar in Dublin DH had "Nutella" flavoured ice cream, and says it is very popular in Italy :mrgreen:

Yes I would love the recipe please.
Today in class mt children did a narrative story and I told them it could be about anything they liked as long as it contained the line " The Nutella jar was completely empty". The results were varied, interesting and sometimes hilarious. A lot involved my passion for Nutella on toast!!

hey, that was fast ;o))

Nutella Muffins

240 g flour
2 teesp baking powder
½ teasp baking soda
40 g Oatmeal
60 ml Oil
2 Eggs
120 g sugar
Salz150 g Nutella
200 g Quark
60 ml Milk

preheat the oven to 375°F and prepare the pan.
in a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, soda and oatmeal
In a second bowl stirr together oil, eggs, sugar, salt, Nutella and quark until it gets foamily(?)
Add the flourmixture and mix in.
spoon the batter into the pan and bake for 20-25min

Hi Cara, I want to make these this week for sure!!! But I'm curious about what quark is? (Something tells me I've heard of it before, but the ol' brain can't seem to recall where, or perhaps I'm just thinking of the computer application by the same name :mrgreen:)

Hazelnut Truffles (for mrsmac)

1cup heavy cream
1 1/4 lb. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup Nutella
2 1/2 c roasted hazelnuts (about 11 oz)

Line an 8 x 8 in. pan with a piece of parchment pater, let paper extend over the edge.

Pour cream in a heavy saucepan and bring to a full boil over medium heat.

Remove from heat and slowly whisk in chopped chocolate and butter until melted.

Stir in Nutella.

Pour in prepared pan. Or to speed the process, transfer mixture to a large bowl, refrigerate, stirring every five minutes until cooled, but, not cold then pour into the prepared pan.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet; toast until lightly browned and skins crack, about 5-7 minutes. While still warm, rub hazelnuts with a kitchen towel to remove as much skin as possible. Let cool, and chop very finely.

Remove truffle mixture from pan by carefully pulling up on the edges of the paper. Place on a large work surface.
Using a long, sharp knife dipped in hot water and dried, cut into 1 inch squares. Roll into a ball shape and press into hazelnuts. Place in candy papers and refrigerate. Serve at room temperature. Truffles may be stored in tight containers up to a week at a cool temperature.

ENJOY !!

I read the link to quark. Interesting stuff. And I thought a quark was a sub-atomic particle we talke about in physics class way back in the Universty days.:rolleyes:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

just about everything

growing up in europe my brother and i were spoiled when it came to being able to enjoy the better things in life, and to us boys Nutella, was close to the top. As a laugh mom will still grab a couple of jars for us and her grandkids when shes on base. didnt enjoy the vegamite nearly as much!:sick:

kitchenelf said:
LOL Michael!!! Nutella would be good as the center to a truffel!! My Italian friend said they grew up using that like we use peanut butter - but I would have to agree - don't use as much Nutella as you would peanut butter!

Nutella is part of my culture and I grew up with it (the scale is my testimonial :ROFLMAO: ). I never tasted peanut butter before moving to Ireland (2 years ago) and to me it tastes fine (nothing too exciting nor dull) but I wouldn't use as much peanut butter as I use Nutella. Probably I am in the opposite position of the thread's starter. :)

Cheers,

Last edited:
Piccolina said:
Hi Cara, I want to make these this week for sure!!! But I'm curious about what quark is? (Something tells me I've heard of it before, but the ol' brain can't seem to recall where, or perhaps I'm just thinking of the computer application by the same name :mrgreen:)

Cottage cheese -1. The stuff of the devil.:sick: :mad:

I've been eating Nutella for years, on bread, and I love it. Thanks for all the recipe ideas to try. Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom