"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 09-22-2005, 01:28 AM   #31
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Thanks for posting the picture of "Ice Cubes", now I know what you are talking about. Here in Canada we call them Icy Squares. I don't understand why things are named differently above and below the border. Odd isn't it?
Hi Alix,
You're taling to a Canadian gal, through and through

I know them as Icey Sqaures too, in the bright jewel toned foil wrapper (in both cups and sqaure...never could pick a favourite). I've never seen them in Europe though

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:12 AM   #32
Assistant Cook

Nutella is absolutely delicious!!! First time I ate it was over 14 years ago in Germany, just few years later nutella appeared in my homecountry. I must admitt that I was quite shocked when I came to Canada ( around 5 years ago) for the first time and except for Polish and German commuinity nobody seemed to know anything about Nutella. I am so glad that it is finally here :)

Old 09-24-2005, 01:03 PM   #33
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICadvisor

Hi Alix,
You're taling to a Canadian gal, through and through

I know them as Icey Sqaures too, in the bright jewel toned foil wrapper (in both cups and sqaure...never could pick a favourite). I've never seen them in Europe though

Want me to send you some? They are such a treat. PM me if you want me to.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:37 PM   #34
Cook

Send a message via MSN to cc2003btw
http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/foiled-cups-p-399.html

They sound like that. That sites a big sweet sales site, brings back memories just searching. :)
Old 09-24-2005, 05:19 PM   #35
Executive Chef

Here's a place you can buy ice cubes by the pound. About 34 pieces to a lb for $6.99
http://www.thechocolatestore.com/pd-...oritz-4-7.aspx
Or you can buy 100 for $27.99 here
http://www.oryans.com/icecubchocca.html
Old 09-24-2005, 07:35 PM   #36
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Here's a place you can buy ice cubes by the pound. About 34 pieces to a lb for $6.99
http://www.thechocolatestore.com/pd...moritz-4-7.aspx
Or you can buy 100 for $27.99 here
http://www.oryans.com/icecubchocca.html
Thank-you both so much, those links are very handy!
Quote:
They sound like that
Looks like them too, being that the UK is closer this might be a good way to go, I've kept an eye open in Irish candy stores but have yet to see them. LOL, amazingly I've yet to find plain old red licorice (Twizzlers) either... Just have to keep hunting

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 11:27 AM   #37
Cook

Send a message via MSN to cc2003btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICadvisor
Thank-you both so much, those links are very handy!
Looks like them too, being that the UK is closer this might be a good way to go, I've kept an eye open in Irish candy stores but have yet to see them. LOL, amazingly I've yet to find plain old red licorice (Twizzlers) either... Just have to keep hunting
If theres a sweet you havn't seen in a while, you can be pretty sure they've got it. Glad to help :)
Old 09-25-2005, 11:44 AM   #38
Assistant Cook

Hey everyone!!!!

I first discovered nutella when I was still living in Colombia. I had a german boyfriend who would go crazy over it. When I moved to Europe 5 years ago, I started seeing it everywhere. I especially have this souvenir from Bologna in Italy. I went there with a friend from school and since we were students (which = poor) we would only eat in mc donald's. When we got to Bologna we replaced Mc with a Nutelleria!!! It is this shop, like a bakery, where you can sit down for some coffee and a piece of chocolate something. They sold crepes, croissants, bread, cookies, all you can imagine in a bakery topped with nutella. And for extra cost, they added fruit pieces. Guess where I spent all of my money when I was in Bologna. It's been 5 years and I remember bologna and get this craving for nutella.

My fiance (Belgian) is addicted to Nutella. Sometimes we buy some and he can easily eat 3 or 4 slices of bread with nutella in the morning. I, on the other hand, am more of a salty person in the morning. I like eggs and ham and bacon. But when it comes to nutella... You can guess what happens
Old 09-26-2005, 01:20 PM   #39
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Want me to send you some? They are such a treat. PM me if you want me to.
Sorry, ate them all already. By the way, when were you going to tell me you had a whole bag of salt water taffy stashed away?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:14 PM   #40
Everymom

Where? And what are you talking about?