"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 10-24-2005, 12:27 PM   #51
Master Chef

hey, that was fast ;o))

Nutella Muffins

240 g flour
2 teesp baking powder
˝ teasp baking soda
40 g Oatmeal
60 ml Oil
2 Eggs
120 g sugar
Salz150 g Nutella
200 g Quark
60 ml Milk

preheat the oven to 375°F and prepare the pan.
in a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, soda and oatmeal
In a second bowl stirr together oil, eggs, sugar, salt, Nutella and quark until it gets foamily(?)
Add the flourmixture and mix in.
spoon the batter into the pan and bake for 20-25min

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #52
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Hi Cara, I want to make these this week for sure!!! But I'm curious about what quark is? (Something tells me I've heard of it before, but the ol' brain can't seem to recall where, or perhaps I'm just thinking of the computer application by the same name )

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:44 PM   #53
Assistant Cook

Hazelnut Truffles (for mrsmac)

1cup heavy cream
1 1/4 lb. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup Nutella
2 1/2 c roasted hazelnuts (about 11 oz)

Line an 8 x 8 in. pan with a piece of parchment pater, let paper extend over the edge.

Pour cream in a heavy saucepan and bring to a full boil over medium heat.

Remove from heat and slowly whisk in chopped chocolate and butter until melted.

Stir in Nutella.

Pour in prepared pan. Or to speed the process, transfer mixture to a large bowl, refrigerate, stirring every five minutes until cooled, but, not cold then pour into the prepared pan.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet; toast until lightly browned and skins crack, about 5-7 minutes. While still warm, rub hazelnuts with a kitchen towel to remove as much skin as possible. Let cool, and chop very finely.

Remove truffle mixture from pan by carefully pulling up on the edges of the paper. Place on a large work surface.
Using a long, sharp knife dipped in hot water and dried, cut into 1 inch squares. Roll into a ball shape and press into hazelnuts. Place in candy papers and refrigerate. Serve at room temperature. Truffles may be stored in tight containers up to a week at a cool temperature.

ENJOY !!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:59 PM   #54
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolina
Hi Cara, I want to make these this week for sure!!! But I'm curious about what quark is? (Something tells me I've heard of it before, but the ol' brain can't seem to recall where, or perhaps I'm just thinking of the computer application by the same name )
I know, we cleared this for piccolina, but for ther rest of you, read this: Homemade Quark / German Quark
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:11 PM   #55
Master Chef

I read the link to quark. Interesting stuff. And I thought a quark was a sub-atomic particle we talke about in physics class way back in the Universty days.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 04:08 PM   #56
Cook

Send a message via AIM to hellschef
just about everything

growing up in europe my brother and i were spoiled when it came to being able to enjoy the better things in life, and to us boys Nutella, was close to the top. As a laugh mom will still grab a couple of jars for us and her grandkids when shes on base. didnt enjoy the vegamite nearly as much!
Old 10-29-2005, 05:42 PM   #57
Assistant Cook

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
LOL Michael!!! Nutella would be good as the center to a truffel!! My Italian friend said they grew up using that like we use peanut butter - but I would have to agree - don't use as much Nutella as you would peanut butter!
Nutella is part of my culture and I grew up with it (the scale is my testimonial ). I never tasted peanut butter before moving to Ireland (2 years ago) and to me it tastes fine (nothing too exciting nor dull) but I wouldn't use as much peanut butter as I use Nutella. Probably I am in the opposite position of the thread's starter.

Cheers,
Old 11-04-2005, 09:28 AM   #58
Cook

Send a message via MSN to cc2003btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolina

Cottage cheese -1. The stuff of the devil.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:01 PM   #59
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc2003btw
Cottage cheese -1. The stuff of the devil.
Quark isn't cottage cheese (although I agree with your description!), it is a thick yogurt.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:52 AM   #60
Sous Chef

I've been eating Nutella for years, on bread, and I love it. Thanks for all the recipe ideas to try. Can't wait!