Nutritional Chart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I've been looking for a nutritional chart that will analyze my recipes. I'd just like to insert a recipe and it can then tell me where I have to omit or substitute an ingredient. My husbands on a no sugar/ carb diet. I just have to watch my sodium intake.
How accurate are those charts? Who's right?

Thank you
Munky.

Munky, if you find such a thing, I'd like to know about it too. I'm on your husband's diet, and here's a recipe I tried and really liked.

Greek Chicken and Spinach - 60105 - Recipezaar

I've posted recipe's myself there, and they come up with a custom nutritional chart for each recipe. I don't know if you'd want to go to the trouble of posting each recipe there, to get the information, but it's an idea.

This recipe software seems to have what I've been looking for.Tried a few that wasn't exactly user friendly. Editing was a nightmare. No chart that I've come across will give you a guaranteed analysis, only an estimate. I gave up on that one. The USDA won't even do it.

They offer a free trial. I'll probably just spend the $20.00 and get the full meal deal :) ( Upgrades are free )

Recipe Software

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Features:
[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2][SIZE=-1]
  • Nutritional analyzer (analyze your recipes using the USDA 16-1 database of over 6,300 items)
  • Recipe costing per serving or for the whole recipe
  • Print out double sided cookbooks with a table of contents, headers & footers
  • Design your own customized printouts
  • Spell checker with a customizable dictionary (default dictionary is English, optional dictionaries available in Afrikaans, Aussie, Brazilian Portuguese, British, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish).
  • NETWORKABLE! Allows multiple workstations to simultaneously share the same cookbook file over a network (one license per workstation required)
  • IMPORT WIZARD makes it simple to import recipes from your favorite web site
  • Over 150 recipes included (thousands available, or input your own)
  • Each cookbook file can contain over 2,000,000,000 (that's billion) recipes and you can have an unlimited number of cookbook files
  • Create customized web pages of your recipes (see example)
  • Huge glossary of cooking terms
  • Autoguess will guess at what you're typing, reducing input time.
  • IMPORTS: Meal-Master, AccuChef, MasterCook and text files
  • EXPORTS: Meal-Master, AccuChef, MasterCook and text files
  • Menu planner
  • Export shopping lists to your pocket PC using VOShoppingList
  • Export recipes in text file format and copy them to your PDA (Windows CE or Palm)
  • Runs on all Windows 32 bit operating systems (95 through XP)
  • Resize your recipes to any number of servings
  • Shopping lists in store aisle order
  • Type in the ingredients you have and AccuChef will suggest recipes you can make
  • Built in PKZIP/WINZIP compatible compression engine (not just called like others)
  • EMAIL recipes directly from AccuChef
  • Support for Avery 3x5 (5388) and 4x6 (5389) index cards (will optionally print cut lines so you can use the regular 8 1/2 x 11 card stock and cut them into index cards)
  • Attach pictures to your recipe (print them too) and/or sound files
  • Built in coupon database
  • Supports gallons and number 10 sized cans, great for institutional cooking!
  • Supports (and converts between) Metric and US measurement systems[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom