Oil sprayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kamp

Senior Cook
I want to buy a oil sprayer for cooking oil but is a bit confused about witch one I should choose.

Does anyone have any advice of experience with them?

I have a Misto sprayer that sits on my counter top. The thing never fails, I simply pump it up and spray! I have heard complaints about the sprayer head getting clogged but a quick wash with hot soapy water should clean things out. I'm thinking of getting some more as I use different type of oils.

I have a Hoffritz (sp?) set of three. They're really pretty, but they don't work worth a darn.

I have a plastic bottle that I can pump pressure into then spray whenever I need. I also use PAM.

Oddly, my sprayer has no brandname stamped on it, and I've long thrown away the box. It is A++ for the following reasons: 1) hand-pumped spritzer burns the few calories that you're about to consume, 2) it's relatively small, holding maybe 1/3 cup, with anything larger being functionally stupid for an oil spritzer, 3) the container is clear, allowing you to see how much oil is in the thing, 4) the intake end reaches the bottom of the container and it is attached to a finely meshed filter. The only thing I would like to improve on mine is a more atomized spray (which might not be molecularly possible with just oil and air pressure).

I bought one at Target (on sale) and it was horrible. It didn't spray, just dribbled. Ugh. I am gad I only wasted $2.50 on it (and I also know why it was only $2.50). I don't remember which brand it was but it was one I did recognize.

I also have Misto. It's worked very well for over 3 years now. For me, it's worth the investment.

I have a misto Misto which is good for the price and works nicely but only fill it half way with oil so you get a nice amount of air pumped in which will give you a nice spray.

I have 2 Mistos, both of which suck. Have from day one. Must have gotten 2 from a bad day on the production line. Cleaning.... nothing helps.

MsMofet, That's a great tip about only filling up the Misto bottle half way. It never occurred to me that this would improve the performance. Thanks!

I have a Misto sprayer that sits on my counter top. The thing never fails, I simply pump it up and spray! I have heard complaints about the sprayer head getting clogged but a quick wash with hot soapy water should clean things out. I'm thinking of getting some more as I use different type of oils.

I love my Misto, as well. It works like a charm.

I have 2 Mistos, both of which suck. Have from day one. Must have gotten 2 from a bad day on the production line. Cleaning.... nothing helps.
I have a Misto which is good for the price and works nicely but only fill it half way with oil so you get a nice amount of air pumped in which will give you a nice spray.

i am also thinking of getting a clear oli sprayer for my canola oil and using the SS misto for my olive oil so i can tell the oils apart from each other.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom