OK, Chaps & Chapesses - it's over to you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
I have a friend coming next week to stay overnight on her way to Manchester airport. She'll need an evening meal as she'll be coming straight from work. So far so good.

She's vegan - no problem - but she's also allergic to citric acid so that knocks out tomatoes, citrus fruits, lettuce, most berries except blueberries, and some other things.

I just can't subject her to my nut roast with leek sauce yet AGAIN, as yummy as it is, or she'll start looking like it so I need a few ideas and recipes too if poss.

Pudding is no problem neither is breakfast. It's just a main course for dinner that I'm after. Ingredients aren't a problem as we have a very well stocked health food shop in the village and a good *greengrocers.

(*Incidentally, I'm been told that an article in the NY Times a while back pronounced our (UK) everyday word for a fruit and veg shop as "pretentious"! Oh dear!)

Any ideas and recipes will be gratefully received.

I'm now off to wage war on the field mouse who came in from the cold and has taken up residence in my kitchen (I think behind the cooker). I took a swipe at it with the pressure cooker last night and missed. It will not escape again!

I can't help you much with vegan recipe's except to offer her a nice multi ingredient salad with an interesting dressing.

But as far as the mouse who has decided to live behind your stove goes.... I think it's time you find a nice homeless cat to give a home to. Not only will your mouse problems be solved but you'll get unconditional love. What more can you ask for. ;)

Vegan is so foreign to me that I don't think I'd even try to cook for such a person. Anything I tried would be likely be woefully inadequate. I don't think I've even known a true vegetarian, and vegan takes that to extremes (one of my nieces rarely eats any meat just because she doesn't like it, but now and then she gets a hankering for chicken or fish, so not a card carrying vegetarian).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom