Olfactory heaven! and more..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Just got this

37240-albums319-picture5947.jpg

and 4 pounds of porcini. You can smell it the instant the bag is opened. Ordered and paid for an ounce but it weighs 1.6 ounces. Not a bad deal.

Well, tomorrow we'll have fresh made pasta with some dried porcini powder in the pasta itself with fresh porcinis in a sauce made with butter, a touch of white wine, a little cream, some thyme and microthin truffle slices as a garnish. The truffle is a bit bigger than a golf ball.

After that, don't know yet though I'm sure we'll have some risotto.

And with 1 of the meals, we'll have the bottle of Perrier Jouet that was my Valentine gift. These are part of Valentine's and my birthday that we didn't get to do due to my having to leave emergently for out of state due to a family issue on Valentine's Day that finally has semi-resolved.

What do you plan for its use?
They say that if you put it into a paper bag with some eggs in shell and store for a few day an omelette made from the eggs will taste of the truffle.

Don't shout at me if it's not true. I'm only reporting what I have heard.

They say that if you put it into a paper bag with some eggs in shell and store for a few day an omelette made from the eggs will taste of the truffle.

Don't shout at me if it's not true. I'm only reporting what I have heard.

I'm not in a position to dispute your statement. I've never owned a truffle.

We generally store it in arborio rice, then use the rice along with some of the cepes (porcini) we got to make risotto.:yum:

First meal down and done. Made fresh pasta with porcini powder, OMG! Sauce was dry fried fresh porcinis until golden and just starting to exude liquid, then added butter and chopped garlic, cooked for a couple of minutes, added white wine to cover bottom and deglaze, cooked down a bit then added cream, heated to boiling and added just drained cooked pasta, cooked for a few minutes until silky sauce, sprinkled with very, very light lemon juice, topped with shaved truffle and parm. I am so full can hardly walk, can't believe Craig finished his bowl.

On to the next one. This has become my second favorite meal, topped only by stone crab claws, caesar salad and champagne.

I am, however, adding porcini powder to any pasta I make from now on that is going to have a mushroom sauce on it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom