"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 11-13-2005, 02:39 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zereh
Is this the right stuff?

Here is some info about the Grappolini brand as well. I can't get the English version of their homepage to load correctly. =/

Z
Yes, the one listed on the True Taste of Italy site is it. I saw this yesterday, too, but I wasn't sure if you can order it from the US (without too much of extra s/h charge)... I hope you can!! It does cost more than usual stuff you see in a regular super market... but you will really taste the difference. To fully enjoy it, try it with salad, bruschetta or just dipping with a crusty bread, without cooking!!

Old 11-13-2005, 07:34 PM   #32
Master Chef

It came up just fine for me...great site. I'm not sure about how the American dollar compares to Euros, but if I'm guessing right, it's pretty reasonably priced.

Old 11-13-2005, 11:44 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
It came up just fine for me...great site. I'm not sure about how the American dollar compares to Euros, but if I'm guessing right, it's pretty reasonably priced.
This site is obviously british, and the prices are listed in sterling pounds instead of euros. 6.99 would be about $12, which shouldn't be too bad. However, I don't want to make you jealous but we can get a bottle of 750ml, not 250ml for less than that price here... I feel very blessed!!
Old 02-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #34
Senior Cook

I usually spice up the EVOO, especially for bread dipping. But I do like the varied tastes of the different types and brands.

My favorite for dipping is an unfiltered kind, very peppery, from Trader Joe's label. Good stuff.

It's great for cooking eggs in the morning. Some EVOO in a non-stick frying pan and you have almost zero cleanup time.