Olive oil question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm keeping the oil.

Except for about a teaspoon or less of those nodules at the very bottom the olive oil cleared up fine.

And special thanks to blissful...

...for the official olive oil source link. Thanks good enough for me.

At 68 degrees it should never have gone cloudy in the first place.

My kitchen is at 55 in the winter and my oil never goes cloudy.

I'm keeping the oil.

Except for about a teaspoon or less of those nodules at the very bottom the olive oil cleared up fine.

And special thanks to blissful...

...for the official olive oil source link. Thanks good enough for me.
You are keeping it! Hip hip hooray!
You're welcome.
I'm always facinated by this kind of stuff.
Have a gooder day, I know I will.

That's really odd. I've had unrefined olive oil solidify on me but the solids were much, much smaller than that. Could something have gotten in the bottle to contaminate it? If I were you I would take my loss and get some more.

Since my last post it cleared up entirely ...to the very last drop. It must have been colder there than when I checked the temp.

I've had an appreciation of olive oil since I heard my Mom saying it was probably the only hands on thing with a direct link to the time of Christ. Folks would use it for lamp oil.

Retired guy, glad to hear your oil cleared up!

From that interesting website, I learned that the natural waxes produced on the olives, are what creates the problems, even at higher temperatures (room temperatures). It was an interesting read, and I hadn't known that olive oil had to be winterized to avoid the problem. Though I'm not sure it would need to be winterized for me or my use. I learn something new every day.

I saw the Wizard of Oz last night. I was wrong, Glinda (witch of the North) was not the sister to the witch of the East. The sister to the Witch of the East, the one with the house on her, was the Witch of the West. Apparently I have my witches mixed up. :LOL:
SparrowGrass, your sister should try to be gooder about the t-shirt. :LOL:

This only proves one thing for me, the more I know, the less I know. :)

Last edited:
Retired guy, glad to hear your oil cleared up!

From that interesting website, I learned that the natural waxes produced on the olives, are what creates the problems, even at higher temperatures (room temperatures). It was an interesting read, and I hadn't known that olive oil had to be winterized to avoid the problem. Though I'm not sure it would need to be winterized for me or my use. I learn something new every day.

I saw the Wizard of Oz last night. I was wrong, Glinda (witch of the North) was not the sister to the witch of the East. The sister to the Witch of the East, the one with the house on her, was the Witch of the West. Apparently I have my witches mixed up. :LOL:
SparrowGrass, your sister should try to be gooder about the t-shirt. :LOL:

This only proves one thing for me, the more I know, the less I know. :)

You were right the first time! I got my laugh! I'll have to point it out to my Sis.

Back
Top Bottom