Olive oil toxic when heated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems we have started to stray from the topic at hand. How about we get back to discussing the toxicity of olive oil please.

I've used olive oil for cooking for many year, but I've never noticed that it's smells weird when it's too hot. Thank you useful post!

What about Olive Oil

Scotch, all the information you present is valid, IF we were talking about Vegetable Oil. All of us are curious about the daily uses of Olive Oil. My research has turned up nothing besides the obvious of not using to excess or overheating.

Please let me know if I missed anything.

Scotch, all the information you present is valid, IF we were talking about Vegetable Oil. All of us are curious about the daily uses of Olive Oil. My research has turned up nothing besides the obvious of not using to excess or overheating.

Please let me know if I missed anything.

Hi dadouger, welcome to DC.

You missed the fact that olives are vegetables and olive oil is a vegetable oil.

Last edited:
This topic came up a while back. There was a fairly productive discussion in this thread.

There is conflicting information out there about this topic. From a pure scientific standpoint it may be possible to make olive oil toxic but on the other hand repeating the same results in the kitchen by accident is unlikely.

Here is a good general reference on olive oil. The Olive Oil Source | Everything but the Olive

Back
Top Bottom