Om Nom Nom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skittle68

Sous Chef
Pibil style chops with spinach and citrus rice. Turned out great!!

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1485050256.879530.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I wish I had a recipe for the pork chop marinade, but it was a seasoning packet. It tasted like it had cumin, cloves, garlic, onion powder, and paprika, then you just add lime juice, a splash of water and a splash of oil to make a marinade.

The salsa was just a cut up orange, like a 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped Jalapeño, and a couple sliced scallions, and some salt.

The spinach was sautéed in the pan the chops cooked in, and I browned three cloves of minced garlic in the oil before adding the spinach. And salt of course lol.

The rice had 1.5 t. of orange zest, a little olive oil, about a T of lime juice, and salt and pepper. Garnished with some green onion. Yum

(Cooking the spinach in the pork chop leavings was what made the spinach outstanding. I literally have never had spinach that good before.)

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I used to always use the Fresh and Easy pork chop marinade. Not sure what to replace it with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks delicious!

When I get a chance later, I'll post my pork chop marinade/brine.

Everyone I make it for loves it. Even my wife breaks down and will eat the fat on the edges because it really soaks in.

Back
Top Bottom