Online cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdavids

Assistant Cook
I'm trying to assemble a cookbook online but I'm on a limited budget. What types of cookbooks do you have in your library and why?

mdavids said:
I'm trying to assemble a cookbook online but I'm on a limited budget. What types of cookbooks do you have in your library and why?

Oh, my, mdavids, what a question! Personally, I have about 800 cookbooks, which represent everything from German, Danish, Italian, Chinese, you get the idea.

The members here at DC are a diverse group and you will discover that many of us suffer from cookbookaholicism. So far, thankfully, to my knowledge there's no 12-step program to cure it. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Many of the books in my collection are books on technique or a specific kind of cooking. Making my own pasta or bread baking, for example.

I know I haven't answered your question fully, but you'll get plenty of superb answers. And they'll come in great numbers very quickly. Enjoy!

I am alot like Katie, I have lots of cookbooks. The ethnic ones I have because I was not as familiar with some of the techniques as I would like to be. I also have the bread and homemade pasta books because I wanted to do that and it wasn't something I learned from Mom. I will tell you what I like most in a cookbook. A good index, so that I can look up something specific without it taking forever and photographs, so that I can look at the final dish.

mdavids said:

You seem to be asking two questions here.

If you want to know what cookbooks DC members have in their collections or suggest - then do as Andy M, said and check out our Cookbooks, Software etc. forum.

If you're tyring to compile a collection of a bunch of free recipes from the web ... well, browse the recipes we have posted here, and also learn how to "Google" for recipes .... go to www.google.com and type in the dish, or type of recipe catagory, you are looking for. One hint - always include the word "recipe" at the end of the search ... or you'll end up with a bunch of hits that are not recipes. Trust me -depending on how you word your search - and it's all free - you'll end up with more recipes, and variations on recipes, than you can shake a stick at just googeling. There are 3-4 websites that have over 20,000 recipes, and they don't even touch some of the other recipes you can find on-line!

mdavids said:

An online cookbook entails the cost of the software ONLY. If I understand your question correctly, I don't know what other costs you are talkiong about.

What are your other costs? There's no cost for recipes as long as you don't use copyrighted ones - you might end up filing bankruptcy if you go that route :LOL:

If it's for your personal use I'm not sure there is ANY cost, like I said, except for the software. So, I will ask again, what other costs are there?

Back
Top Bottom