Ooo That Smell...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I have to admit, that song was what came to mind when I saw the title of this thread. I was reluctant to look.

Thought the same thing as Taxlady did...

The thread title was no accident.. :D

Can you really say that the smell of a perfectly grilled steak is no less appetizing than a freshly made pizza, or marinara, or apple pie, or fresh, yeast bread, or, or, or...

There is more than just appetizing though, there are cooking smells that really stand out. I love the smell of a steak skipping across a grill (if you do more than that you likely over cooked it) but the smell of garlic (or even onions) when they first perfume in butter is just transcendent.

I realize everyone is different though, apple pie is great smell but it doesn't hit those same buttons.

I wasn't being silly when I made my post about bacon. It is one of my favorite smells/fragrances. Every time I smell it cooking at our house or anywhere else it evokes very pleasant memories of my grandmother's house and what wonderfully tasty things awaited when I smelled bacon there.

I also agree with others regarding the delightful aroma of cooking onions and/or garlic. Tantalizing fragrance with the promise, again, of something delicious to appear.

Last edited:
Along with bacon (mmmmm, bacon), sage and thyme turkey stuffing does it for me. Every Thanksgiving, I cook onions and celery in butter, then add sage and thyme. As soon as I stir them in and take a big sniff, I'm taken back to childhood Thanksgivings. Of course, I still use my mom's recipe :yum:

Anything Kayelle is cooking

When I am on the front porch and Kayelle is cooking with the vent fan on, the prevailing wind wafts all the aromas past me
Hungry!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom