Ooo That Smell...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
Today I started the grill to make dinner (chicken thighs, corn, and grilled green tomatoes) and when I stepped outside the smell of the smoke and oils hit me, and I got right hungry quick.

I also love that smell when the butter is just right and the garlic hits it. That one is awesome.

What cooking smells just hit you hard? You know, those smells you could use as a scent in the house except you would perpetually hungry...

Lump charcoal in the Weber, same in the BGE and pecan in the off-set. Nothing better to let us know we are going to have a great meal!:yum:

I have to admit, that song was what came to mind when I saw the title of this thread. I was reluctant to look.

Cinnamon Buns right from the oven in the morning with a hot cup of tea and just sugar. It gets my day off to the right start. :angel:

Yup, yup, Lynyrd Skynyrd was singin' in my head, too.

Bread fresh from the oven.

Apple pie fresh from the oven.

The smell of stuffed cabbage fresh from the oven always reminds me of my Mom's kitchen. I don't make that often enough. :neutral:

Brownies fresh from...you know the drill. ;)

And bacon. Bacon in the oven, bacon in a pan, bacon in the microwave, of bacon I'm a fan!

Too many things to list!

Coffee
Bacon
Home fries with onions
Popcorn
Bread baking
Snickerdoodles
A Sunday roast of beast crackling in the oven

I was lucky growing up I rarely came home to a cold kitchen something was always bubbling on the stove or baking in the oven. I wish I could duplicate more of the kitchen sounds, smells and tastes that I remember. :yum:

Last edited:
Being a true foodie, I'll just skip naming all of the wonderfull aromas that make me salivate, and sum it up in one word - Food!:yum::LOL:

Can you really say that the smell of a perfectly grilled steak is no less appetizing than a freshly made pizza, or marinara, or apple pie, or fresh, yeast bread, or, or, or...

It's all great. Just leave out the mint, and don't burn it. Then, I'm happy.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Hickory smoke
Bacon
Roast turkey

to name a few.

Andy, living in Tacoma, firewood in plentiful. Almost every home, every condo has a wood burning fireplace. My next door neighbor and I would head over the Cascades and down into Wenatchee and buy up all the trimmings from the apple trees available. Her F250 sure held a lot of apple wood. We made sure we brought along a very large tarp. Great wood for BBQing. Then for her fireplace, we would head out to Mt. Rainier and get a permit to pick up ground branches and fallen wood for her fireplace. A service the Parks Department encouraged. Helped keep forest fires down. The man at the gate always warned us about the bears. And we always were handed a flyer about rules, etc. Then one day, we got hit with a whiteout. We froze in our tracks knowing that it would pass. Then we heard a rustling very close by. Too close by. And we heard the low grunting. When that whiteout passed, the bear was gone and so were we. We then made it a point to read that flyer. There was a whole section on what to do if we ran across a bear.

There was always the aroma of burning wood in the air. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom