"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 04-24-2010, 09:45 AM   #11
Head Chef

maybe that's how YOU sound playing the cello...

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #12
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
maybe that's how YOU sound playing the cello...
I think Bucky Tom may have been referring to the old practice of making strings out of cat gut not the person playing......right Bucky?

Anyway, here if a farmer sells meet/poultry directly to a consumer they are not allowed to call it organic or free range as it has not been inspected and certified. I have had some of this meat and it is awesome, but hard to come by because the farmers have a hard time getting it butchered and have to charge more for it.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #13
Head Chef

It's quite common around here; never heard of them having difficulty butchering it.
p.s. strings were made from sheep intestines, "cat" came from "kit" (Italian) meaning violin, and Catagniny, Germany, where the best strings were from

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #14
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyogal View Post
It's quite common around here; never heard of them having difficulty butchering it.
p.s. strings were made from sheep intestines, "cat" came from "kit" (Italian) meaning violin, and Catagniny, Germany, where the best strings were from
Sorry, didn't mean they "had trouble" butchering it, we just have a lot of laws about selling meat, specially after all the Mad Cow stuff.

And I should not have said "practice", I should have said "joke". Just trying to keep things light!

I totally agree it is leaner and has a different taste - I like it.

Oh, and I forgot to say Hi ITK, I have missed you too!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:04 AM   #15
Executive Chef

gee, thanks for the comments. Many of the contributors are the BEST ones I remember on this site. Thanks for remembering me! Even you buckytom, will always remember how you bring a chuckle which I so badly needed to every question I asked. Hope you still have your birds and your family doing well.

Have not been around much due to change in eating habits. Doctor seems to think I am not eating right! I often wonder what the doctor eats? I have always practiced balanced type of diet and try to be conscientious of what we eat.

However, I do appreciate your thoughts so very much and will look back often to check your opinions. I hope each and everyone of you are doing well. Take care