Other Uses for Marmalade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ICadvisor said:
Following on the heel's of other people's meat suggestions, I like to make it into a sauce for meat balls (a distant cousin perhaps to the ever common grape-jelly meatball sauce).

It also works great thrown into citrus smoothie recipes, and even mixed with a bit of oil and vinegar for a salad dressing (in which case a few segments of grapefruit added in are lovely, as is the whole thing served on baby/young spinach leaves).
Ic, like the salad dressing idea..We enjoy spinach salad and I'm going to try it with the marmalade dressing..Emmm:) Thanks you
kadesma

I found a really nice Jamie Oliver recipe for ham with a marmalade crust - I'm posting it in the pork/meat section!

Well, Ishbel, your recipe was a winner! I made the Delia Smith pudding last night to much acclaim, and this from a family member who doesn't care much for bread puddings. A happy balance between the creaminess of the egg-custardy bread and a nice crunchy top, thanks to the turbinado sugar and orange zest (never did find Demarara at the store).

Also good cold for breakfast, as I had some this morning. Won't be any left by tonight!

p.s. I'm thinking that a blackberry version of this pudding would be tempting as well..................

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom