Packaging and posting of chocolate...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tonymac

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I have finally developed some chocolate and can now add to my current recipies.

I am making some small chocolate likes truffles ect and also some larger 100g decorative bars. I have my moulds ect..

But however, I am wondering of the most secure and hygenic method of boxing them, packaging them and posting them without tampering, and also without compromising their taste or smell ect.

I considered maybe DVD type boxes for a decorative bar and to secure it from moving using the loose fit and an enclosed documents label on the front, but I am thinking this may look a little unprofessional... (it will needless to say be foil wrappeed).
(or maybe this item: cakescookiesandcraftsshop. co. uk/acatalog/Gold-Chocolate-Box-and-Lid-125g.html) but then how would I seal it for postage without risking breaking and quality....?

Whilst for the smaller chocolate pieces I was going to use a clear satchellike this (homechocolatefactory. com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GB5&Category_Code=BB&Product_Count=8), but then would have to box this up or something and secure the chocolates....

Does anybody know of any websites/companies that offer boxes/inserts/packaging for such products as I cant seem to find anywhere....

I also need some with clear lids for some of my products.

Thanks

P.S. sorry if this should not be here. Didn't feel it approriate putting it in other forums related to actual cooking side of things.

Check out Sweet Celebrations, used to be Maid of Scandinavia. Their on-line "catalogue" leaves a lot to be desired, so you may want to ask for a catalogue be mailed to you. They have everything you are describing, and is where I get all my candy packaging supplies.

Check out Sweet Celebrations, used to be Maid of Scandinavia. Their on-line "catalogue" leaves a lot to be desired, so you may want to ask for a catalogue be mailed to you. They have everything you are describing, and is where I get all my candy packaging supplies.

I found sweetc. com/Cat/Set12/123.pdf but its in America and their website has such little information.

Any other companies you can recommend? UK based preferably but not essential.

Back
Top Bottom