Pan Fried Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my gosh, msmofet. What a beautiful meal, and cooked to perfection in my not so humble opinion. :) Looks fantastic!

pistos, I'm glad your strip steaks turned out perfect! Thank you for getting back. Have you thought about getting a cast iron skillet? :)

Oh my gosh, msmofet. What a beautiful meal, and cooked to perfection in my not so humble opinion. :) Looks fantastic!

pistos, I'm glad your strip steaks turned out perfect! Thank you for getting back. Have you thought about getting a cast iron skillet? :)

When I own a home and have a range I like I'll upgrade all the skillets. Until then I'll do everything in my wok :chef:

Thank you Cheryl. Prime cut really tastes fantastic and at that price it was a fantastic buy.

When I own a home and have a range I like I'll upgrade all the skillets. Until then I'll do everything in my wok :chef:

Some years ago, we lost power for almost 7 full days. It was very cold as well.
We had a round kerosene heater to help keep us warm.
I removed the outer protection grill (cage) and took off the very top plate from the heater.
This left me a round opening above the heat source.

I set my steel wok into the opening and it fit so well. I cooked all kinds of things in this wok for those few days with no power.
Eggs, bacon, steaks chops, soup, you name it. It was amazing at how well this worked.
The wok can be used for most anything.

Some years ago, we lost power for almost 7 full days. It was very cold as well.
We had a round kerosene heater to help keep us warm.
I removed the outer protection grill (cage) and took off the very top plate from the heater.
This left me a round opening above the heat source.

I set my steel wok into the opening and it fit so well. I cooked all kinds of things in this wok for those few days with no power.
Eggs, bacon, steaks chops, soup, you name it. It was amazing at how well this worked.
The wok can be used for most anything.

I too have used my flat bottomed, carbon steel wok to make everything from stir fries, to tempura, to egg rolls, to stews, to spaghetti sauce, to chili, to fried eggs, to pancakes, etc. I've used it to cook any food I can think of that can be made on the stovetop. It has wooden handles, and so I don't use it in the oven. Plus, it's a little large for that purpose as well. But pretty much, if I need lots of food, that can be make in one pot, and it won't benefit from my pressure cooker, it goes into the wok. Bonus, it's the best popcorn pan ever.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom