Papadums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cave76

Washing Up
What are your favorite ways of eating papadums?
Do you crisp them up in the microwave?

(No recipe please--- I have no intention of making my own papadoms! :ohmy:)

Never having ever heard of them, I did a little search and they sound interesting. I did come across this site that seems pretty instructive on how to crisp them up with little or no problem. However, if one doesn't have a gas stove the challenge would continue.

Love them with little dishes of lime pickle, brinjal pickle, mint infused thick yogurt . A great accompaniment to all things curry of course. If I am feeling noble and 'good' then I microwave them but they really are divine just crisped in hot oil for a few seconds each side.

I must admit that they make a very tasty snack, even plain as jennyema says...I micro a couple when I'm at home and get the munchies. Why does it make me feel like it's a guilty pleasure???

I'm just curious why you would bring them up?

Some people have an innate curiousity about almost everything. I'd hate to confine myself to just those things that are common. And besides, I like ethnic foods.:yum:

Love them with little dishes of lime pickle, brinjal pickle, mint infused thick yogurt . A great accompaniment to all things curry of course. If I am feeling noble and 'good' then I microwave them but they really are divine just crisped in hot oil for a few seconds each side.

Thank you, menumaker. A microwave will be less 'mess' but oil would be tastier.

Never having ever heard of them, I did a little search and they sound interesting. I did come across this site that seems pretty instructive on how to crisp them up with little or no problem. However, if one doesn't have a gas stove the challenge would continue.

I checked that link out---- but I have an electric range. Darn! Microwaved for me or fried, I guess.

I like to take a dry, hot CI griddle, brushthe papadum with a bit of EVOO on each side, top with some "fried" curry leaves. (I fry them before I freeze them, and then put them on the the "top side", flip the papadum iand let it crisp up about 30 seconds each side). LOVE them with the curry leaves. A friend who is married to a guy from India introduced me to them served as a snack that way

Back
Top Bottom