Paper plate night. Yay!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the thought of it, I just can't bring myself to spend money on something I intend to throw away!

TP is about as wild as I get! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

We buy these from the dollar store. 50 for a buck. They are super thin. You can't actually carry your food on them. You have to place it on them where you are going to eat:LOL::LOL: As long as you don't have saucy food you are good to go.

Re-usable bamboo paper plate holders. Scrub the edges when dribbles and drips occur, preferabbly before they get dried on. Use two plates to keep saucy things from soaking through. I am a paper plate magnet, proud user and happy to say paper plates are not just for picnics. Not sure which is more greener. Neither . Nither. A sink full of dishwashing soap or a paper plate for morning toast which can be used repeatedly. Also pretty happy I don't yet own a digital camera.

Spread the word.

Rock, what do you mean by paper plate night?

Does it mean that you have a meal that doesn't require dinnerware?

i remember my mom using those wicker rattan paper plate holders, and doing a quick soak after use to get rid of goo.

she also used to hand wash plastic utensils. she was "green" before it was popular. lol.

umm, whisk, isn't using 2 cheap paper plates the same as using 1 thicker one? :ermm:

i had the epitome of lazy breakfasts this morning: hot dogs nuked on a paper plate, then stuffed in hd buns with mustard. served on the same - now greasy plate with a 500 ml plastic bottle of water :mrgreen:

Last edited:
When we were still raising our 5 kids we had paper plate night. They thought it was great fun and I thought it was a great break so it worked out well all the way around. And yes, plastic forks if they were needed.

I use the Dixie Ultra, they last several days of toast and sandwiches. We use them daily, helps with the two people in this household who hate to do dishes.

The only time I use my regular plates is if I am putting food on them that is going to leave my home. Then when I get it back it has already been washed. Paper plates and even bowls for me. Every day. But I do use my regular knives and forks. I have two complete sets for service for eight. I do wash the pans as I dirty them, but the silverware piles up until I run out. I hate to do the silverware. :angel:

'"mm, whisk, isn't using 2 cheap paper plates the same as using 1 thicker one? :ermm:"

Tis true. But I seldom buy "quality" paper plates. :angel: It's why they are called "cheap paper plates" :LOL: Doesn't mean you have to throw out the bottom plate liner if it is dry and nothing soaked through. Usually, if it's a steak or pork chop kind of thing and needs to rest befores serving, it's already on a regular plate, and I just use that.

When I am outside grilling, I either use a reg plate or platter to transport foods back and forth. I tried the paper plate trick, but either they or I are too woogly wobbly for safe moving things about. Then of course, you need one plate for raw food and a clean plate for cooked food. I guess I do my fair share of dishes. I don't have a dishwasher and I am my own clean up crew.

Interesting. I have 2+ kitchen cupboards full of various dinner ware different patterns. Plus the buffet and china cabinet in the dining room are full of "good dishes" and vintage or depression glass mostly in the china cab. I like to use the depression glass sometimes, even just for myself, not just save it for special occasions which don't occur often enough.

I am more into the convenience depending on what I cooked and how the mood strikes me. Informal everyday and put your feet up after dinner. I should get up and go for a walk actually.

Back
Top Bottom