Peanut butter roasted turkey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fairygirl69

Senior Cook
I've found a recipe for roast turkey coated on the skin with a peanut butter mixture. Intrigued as it could create a nice, crispy, brown skin. Has anybody tried this? What was the result?

The only thing "peanut" that has ever come in contact with a turkey I've cooked, is the peanut oil that it has been deep fried in.;) The skin was really crispy!:yum:

The only thing I've ever had with a peanut butter sauce and a bird is chicken satay and I love it, but I can't picture that working with a whole turkey. :ermm: :)

Just curious, what does the peanut butter mixture consist of?

Last edited:
I detest peanut butter so I'm probably not the best one to give an opinion but the thought of it smeared on a turkey sounds really bizarre at best.
I'm very fond of PB but don't fancy a turkey smeared in it. Wouldn't it burn before the bird was cooked?

I suppose it might improve those horrid tasteless mass-produced turkeys that live in the freezer cabinet in the supermarket apparently from one Christmas to the next. Anything would improve them - including frying in used engine oil!

been around for years. how many . . .?

well, the recipe starts with 'take a 10-12 lb turkey . . .'
when was the last time you found a 10 lb turkey?

it's a 'paste' rub - good / bad / no clue.

but the instructions tell you to cook the 10-12 lb turkey to 180-185'F

been around a while, did I mention....?

turkey pb flavored jerky it makes. I suppose, never went there.

been around for years. how many . . .?

well, the recipe starts with 'take a 10-12 lb turkey . . .'
when was the last time you found a 10 lb turkey?

it's a 'paste' rub - good / bad / no clue.

but the instructions tell you to cook the 10-12 lb turkey to 180-185'F

been around a while, did I mention....?

turkey pb flavored jerky it makes. I suppose, never went there.

Is this the one you're referring to? Roast Turkey In Peanut Butter Recipe - Food.com - 125748

It was posted in 2005 and no one has reviewed it. I guess no one is brave enough to try it ;)

Never tried peanut butter basted turkey and can say I never will! LOL

I tried making a curry with green curry paste and peanut butter one time and someone compared it to 'ass drippings'. It's great in chocolate cake frosting though.

Lots of naysayers here. I guess I would at least try it before passing judgment.

I remember a time when I thought the concept of sushi sounded completely bizarre. After all, why would anyone want to eat raw fish? If someone had told me back then there would come a time when I would crave the stuff, I would have said they were nuts! :LOL:

Lots of naysayers here. I guess I would at least try it before passing judgment.

I remember a time when I thought the concept of sushi sounded completely bizarre. After all, why would anyone want to eat raw fish? If someone had told me back then there would come a time when I would crave the stuff, I would have said they were nuts! :LOL:

Yeah... well, I don't do sushi either, so.... :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom