"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 11-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Thank You all for your advice, I'm sure it will help.
Cindy lu

Old 11-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I posted this last week about the stubborn eggs. You might like it. Other suggestions followed. The post is under eggs. In the meantime, watch this technique. How to “Peel” Hard-Boiled Eggs Without Peeling

I just watched that video Phil.... DH is gonna get a kick out of that when I try it!!!

Old 11-29-2008, 08:05 AM   #13
Senior Cook

I didn't have quite the luck....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
I just watched that video Phil.... DH is gonna get a kick out of that when I try it!!!
...but I was in such a flurry Thursday morning, I didn't remember how much soda to add to the water, so I probably used a quarter t. And to add insult to injury, ( I only boiled two eggs ), I was forgot to crack one of the eggs in the ice bath for the experiment. These were fresh eggs BTW, and the first one started off difficult as in mini pieces but peeled fairly quickly. And, although the second one didn't "pop" out using the blowing technique, it did loosen the shell and made it really easy. I'll see what happens next time.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:56 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Well, if it wasn't so late in the evening, I'd run into the kitchen and cook some eggs to try a couple of these methods!
Old 12-23-2008, 05:08 AM   #15
Senior Cook

I hard boil eggs starting in cold water - bringing eggs and water to boil,
ramove pot from heat, cover pot and let eggs sit 18 min. and then
into ice bath.
Before placing eggs in the pot I pierce the broad end of the egg
with a pin - this allows expanding air in the cavity to escape and
prevents premature cracking of the shell.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy lu View Post
I just went through 3 dozen eggs to get 22 egg halfs for develed eggs. I could not get them to peel, I do not know what to do to get them peel good. HELP PLEASE

Cindy Lu

Hi Cindy Lu,

Once the eggs have been boiled, drain them and then let cold water run through the pot for about 10/15/20 minutes to cool ALL the eggs - depends how many you have to do! Drain them and shake them really well to break and crack the shells.

Next, take an egg out of the pot and make sure the shell is cracked all over before peeling. Now begin peeling and you should have every egg perfectly peeled!

All the best,
Archiduc
Old 12-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #17
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Neeney
Okay, I admit it. I went right into the kitchen the other day after reading this post and watching that insanely funny video...and tried it.

Of course, I completely forgot about the baking powder. I tried to blow the egg out and it didn't work...but, it did lossen the membrane from the egg so once I cracked it all over, it peeled in two or three pieces!

I brought it to a boil and then reset the flame to just low enough to keep it to a slow boil...I let it boil for 11 minutes and immediately ran cold water over for about 10 minutes. Threw a couple handfuls of ice in the pan and waited 5 minutes. Peeled the eggs under cold running water and they were perfect...every last one of them.

I'm a sucker for punishment...decided to make pickled eggs yesterday, just so I could do eggs again, LOL!

Worked like a charm...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I am a 7 year breast cancer survivor. Mammograms save lives. I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for the mammogram. Please, call today for a mammogram if you haven't had one or are late for yours.
Neeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Pretty good, Neeney...

..here is what I'm 'gonna start doing. To sanitize the procedure, I'm gargling first with Listerine
Old 12-27-2008, 05:16 PM   #19
Certified Cake Maniac

Everyone, I still say that it doesn't matter how you boil them, etc. Just TRY the teaspoon trick....it never fails! Just crack the shell, get the spoon under the membrane and voila, it's a snap!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote