Pepitas or Pumpkin seeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coalcookin

Assistant Cook
Try this! I use a hot air popcorn popper and buy raw pepitas from a local health food store. I put about 1/3 cup in the hot air popper and as they come out into a bowl I sometimes run them back through. I judge their doneness by the size that they get. It takes some experimenting, but have a good nutty taste which are done with hot air and no oil. Be carefull however and let them cool a bit as they can be very hot. Coalcookin:)

Wellllll... if I still had a air popcorn popper!! I love pepitas!!! I usually toast mine up in a pan. But I love the idea of using the air popper.. thanks for the tip cc!!!

Due to health reasons this is the way I dry roast them. After the process is finished I will add garlic powder or sometimes red pepper. It is amazing how much different herbs change the flavor of things while using them as a salt substitute. Of coarse I still pop corn occasionaly and understand why some people don't care for the result as without salt and oil it doesn't taste as good to them. I sure enjoyed the extra butter at one time. Coalcookin:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom