Pickling a pickle without salt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CC,I made these this summer with cukes from my garden...My son ate most of the first batch in one sitting:LOL:
I think you might be able to use this recipe it calls for just a pinch of salt. I stored them in a large plastic container with a lid...
Here is the recipe:layer the 6 c. of unpeeled English cucumber and 2 c. of sliced sweet onions to fill container. In a small pan put in 1-1/2c. vinegar, i use apple cider vinegar,1-1/2c. sugar,1/2 tea.each celery seed mustard seed,ground tumeric heat, pinch of salt, to a boil.Pour over your cucumber and onion slices.and let stand uncovered for 5 min.Then put on the lid and let cool. place in refrigerator...Will be ready in 24 hours/
Enjoy
kadesma

CC,I made these this summer with cukes from my garden...My son ate most of the first batch in one sitting:LOL:
I think you might be able to use this recipe it calls for just a pinch of salt. I stored them in a large plastic container with a lid...
Here is the recipe:layer the 6 c. of unpeeled English cucumber and 2 c. of sliced sweet onions to fill container. In a small pan put in 1-1/2c. vinegar, i use apple cider vinegar,1-1/2c. sugar,1/2 tea.each celery seed mustard seed,ground tumeric heat, pinch of salt, to a boil.Pour over your cucumber and onion slices.and let stand uncovered for 5 min.Then put on the lid and let cool. place in refrigerator...Will be ready in 24 hours/
Enjoy
kadesma
Thank you Kad, I'll give them a try,

Alix, I will not eat any pickles because the last time I did I went into the hospital, I thought I would be safe with a little gurken pickle and have one but it didn't work.

Back
Top Bottom