Pics from my Turducken: Better late then never

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jstallman

Assistant Cook
Hello, I'm James, I created this thread before Thanksgiving:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/turducken-i-have-several-questions-76207.html

I wanted to let you all know, I did make my Turducken for thanksgiving, I know that was months ago, but I just got the pics up from a lost SD card and wanted to thank you all for the advice. The Turducken was amazing. It took 3 days of prep, that involves deboning the 3 birds, brining the turkey and chicken, letting the birds dry after the brining, making a creole seasoning sauce, filling the turkey with the birds and creole sauce, injecting the bird, basting every 2 hours, and a slow cook for 10 hours.

Pics:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/members/43687-albums831.html

Last edited:
Congratulations on your great effort for you to make this for thanksgiving ! Your pics look like it turned out great. I have a question, never having eaten Turducken-- Can you taste the different flavors of the birds? Or, do they combine together to make one composite flavor?
Thanks for sharing your pics.

Well, you can taste each flavor, though they all have a the same creole seasoning. The duck is great because it being so fatty and juicey prevents the turkey and chicken from drying out. It's best to mix a bite of duck with every piece of Turkey or chicken if possible, because it's obviously the most flavorful.

Thanks for the comments. I am so paranoid about the idea of a dry turkey, cause that could ruin a meal, so I did everything in the book to this think, and smothered it in sauce and flavor. Having a boneless Turkey makes it easier to make sure you get flavor everywhere cause you can reach every normally hard to reach place.

I also brined it in some amazing stock broth.

Oh and guys, if you have the time to sit down and spend half an hour deboning a turkey, the idea of a Turducken isn't nearly as intimidating as some of the forums I checked played it out to be.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom