Pics of your own food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love liverwurst on rye, too! One of my fave sandwiches. Just had one today. I don't bake my own rye bread, though. :(

I was happy to achieve a perfect "Cheryl sear" on my recent batch of scallops. Cast iron pans rock!
IMG_20190114_201743338.jpg

Kind of a clean out the fridge throw together

Rigatoni with Beyond meat sausages, kale, sliced Brussel sprouts , broccoli and artichoke hearts ( all fried up with garlic)). In a Garlic-Lemon-Wine sauce

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 111
Everything looks so good :yum:

I'm trying a new recipe this week for Sunday dinner. Hoisin Pork Tenderloin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that photo on Taste of Home's website and pinned the recipe AND made it a whiles back... ONO (that's Hawaiian for delicious btw) !!!

Excellent, glad it's yummy. I can't wait to make it, provided we don't lose power with the winter storm that's coming tomorrow. Not just several inches of snow, but ice will be coming first and that usually means one thing... power lines down.

Do you have a generator, Linda? We don't. Himself's sister and BIL lived at the top of our street until last month - they had a generator and were our back-up plan in case of power loss. Now they, and their generator, have moved to the Charlotte, NC area. It's a bit too far for seeking shelter in case the electric goes out. :LOL:

Our area is in the zone for possible power outages on Sunday. I'm hoping that you and we make it through this weather event, Linda, and come out on the other side with lights a-blazing.

Do you have a generator, Linda? We don't. Himself's sister and BIL lived at the top of our street until last month - they had a generator and were our back-up plan in case of power loss. Now they, and their generator, have moved to the Charlotte, NC area. It's a bit too far for seeking shelter in case the electric goes out. :LOL:

Our area is in the zone for possible power outages on Sunday. I'm hoping that you and we make it through this weather event, Linda, and come out on the other side with lights a-blazing.

I too hope we make it through.

No, I don't have a generator. But I've got a transistor radio, plenty of candles and I even have a camp stove so we can at least cook and heat water for cooking and/or coffee in case we lose power. I've also got plenty of liquor :LOL:

We haven't camped in ages, but I've hung on to our propane stove just for that reason!

When I did my grocery run on Thursday, the two women directly in front of me were talking about our upcoming storm. I heard one say "18 inches" and asked where she lived. Farther north than we do, and in a high snow zone. Anyway, she patted her 10# bag of ice melt and said "I'm ready". I pointed to my 5 litre box of Merlot and said "so am I". The woman in between us said "I'm going to her house" as she pointed to me. :LOL:

We haven't camped in ages, but I've hung on to our propane stove just for that reason!

When I did my grocery run on Thursday, the two women directly in front of me were talking about our upcoming storm. I heard one say "18 inches" and asked where she lived. Farther north than we do, and in a high snow zone. Anyway, she patted her 10# bag of ice melt and said "I'm ready". I pointed to my 5 litre box of Merlot and said "so am I". The woman in between us said "I'm going to her house" as she pointed to me. :LOL:

Haha, yep, I would have said the same thing. I'm following you.

That looks and sounds very good. I love just about any type of shellfish and I love soup, so I would definitely give that one a go.

Here's one of the sandwiches on our menu..Roast beef, bacon and cheddar with garlic mayo on a ciabatta..we call it the Fast Eddie..

Attachments

• 50263877_286525165394222_7172880544378650624_n.jpg
    50263877_286525165394222_7172880544378650624_n.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 103

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom