Pics of your own food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, that's beautiful. And I LOVE blueberries. Heck, I love blueberry anything.
Then you, too, might be interested in this blueberry cobbler. Ross shared the link in the "What's For Dessert?" thread.
Blueberry Cobbler Recipe for Two I plan on trying it the next time I have fresh blues in the house.

:ohmy: CG....looks amazing! I love a good vanilla bean ice cream. It loves pie, fresh fruit, and just about anything.
Thanks, Cheryl. No matter what time of year it is, I almost always have vanilla bean ice cream in the freezer. I never know when I just might want to make something that goes with it.

Just used up the last of the Andouille for jambalaya Sunday and the Tasso is getting low. Time to break out the sausage equipment and the Horizon off-set. Plenty of pecan left for smoking!

Andouille

36788-albums1083-picture6909.jpg

Tasso
36788-albums1083-picture6908.jpg

Boudin
36788-albums1083-picture6904.jpg

Last edited:
Not my best looking work but some of my favorites. The first is lemon rosemary chicken with angel hair with mushrooms. The second is garlicky pork tenderloin with avocado, black beans and homemade Pico de Gallo. The last is a spicy fresh corn and black bean salsa.

I love Mexican and Italian lol. And I'm getting rather hungry.IMAG0057.jpg611651824.jpg1948412665.jpg

I cook our beloved bacon wrapped FM's like fried gourmet meatballs with the help of silicone bands, with high heat in my Eiffel Tower carbon steel skillet. Nothing easier, nothing better. They makes us happy.

Attachments

• P1310009[1].jpg
    P1310009[1].jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 98
  • P1310013[1].jpg
    P1310013[1].jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 114
  • P1310014[1].jpg
    P1310014[1].jpg
    76 KB · Views: 104
  • P1310015[1].jpg
    P1310015[1].jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 108
I made sort of a type of guacamole today, based of a recipe in Milk Street - Colombian avocado salsa. The thing that was totally different about it was that it had hard boiled eggs in it! It turned out very good, though I used lemon juice in place of lime juice, and less of that, plus the white vinegar called for I substituted white rice vinegar, and also less - seemed like too much acid, to me, and tweaking it like this seemed just the right amount. I used a small, frozen chocolate habanero, since I only had two avocados, instead of 3, called for in the original recipe, and a smallish frozen Big Jim. And some frozen cherry tomatoes, in place of the plum. Turned out really good, though the other flavors sort of obscured the avocado flavor. The small chocolate hab made it too hot for some (though the original recipe did say to deseed and devein the peppers!), but I was sort of wishing that I had used a larger one! A friend who dropped by, and helped me eat it all, said that it was hot enough for him, but not too hot...obviously! lol
Colombian avocado salsa by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I made sort of a type of guacamole today, based of a recipe in Milk Street - Colombian avocado salsa.

Looks good, and a lot like my favorite dip, spinach and artichoke dip. I haven't made it in a while. I better make some soon.

CD

Attachments

• ChokeDip001.jpg
    ChokeDip001.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom