Pics of your own food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my gosh! I've never seen it made that way before. I love stuffed cabbage. In fact I had a couple of cabbage rolls the other day for lunch that I picked up at a market deli on my way to work.

I was off by a decade [emoji38] I took the class in 2000. My brother and cousin both got married that year and I took about 8 rolls worth of pictures of their weddings. Most of them were terrible and I was so aggravated, I signed up for a photography class at the local community college. I learned a lot and the most important thing I took away from it is a great appreciation for the digital darkroom [emoji38] I bought a digital camera after that and never looked back.

Yep. I have been a pro photographer for many years, and I can do so much more with my digital photos, in a fraction of the time I spent in the darkroom.

CD

Yeah, but I really miss the smell of darkroom chemicals..... :LOL:

My girlfriend back in college didn't like that darkroom chemical smell (neither did I, to be honest). I had to shower and thoroughly wash my hands after hours in the darkroom, or sleep on the couch.

Ruined some shirts, too.

Adobe Photoshop doesn't smell bad at all. :LOL:

CD

The real beauty of digital photography is its immediacy. Better than Polaroids. Also the ability to enhance photos is a big plus.

No buying film, reloading the camera, sending exposed film for processing (for most of us), waiting a week or so to find out you messed up the pictures and the opportunity to reshoot is long gone.

The real beauty of digital photography is its immediacy. Better than Polaroids. Also the ability to enhance photos is a big plus.

No buying film, reloading the camera, sending exposed film for processing (for most of us), waiting a week or so to find out you messed up the pictures and the opportunity to reshoot is long gone.

I had Polaroid backs for my Hasselblad cameras and my Sinar 4X5. Black and white crap. I could get chromes back in a few hours. Today, I can tether my camera to my MacBook Pro, and hit the space bar to take the picture.

CD

Speaking of Polaroids, I still like to take the SDHC cards out of my cameras and shake them vigorously so the pictures come out good.

On another note, Casey used to ask girls in high school if they wanted to see his Polaroids.

No wonder he showered a lot by himself.

Speaking of Polaroids, I still like to take the SDHC cards out of my cameras and shake them vigorously so the pictures come out good.

On another note, Casey used to ask girls in high school if they wanted to see his Polaroids.

No wonder he showered a lot by himself.

Wow, that one was weak. My high school girlfriend didn't care about Polaroids, as long my parents were out of town -- which they often were.

On another note, I worked in a camera shop during college, and dropped a 35mm film cartridge on the floor, and joked about that knocking the pictures out of focus. The woman I was serving took that seriously. My boss had to bail me out -- and I had to buy him a beer after work.

CD

Today (sorry, yesterday) I made a batch of butternut squash soup, the original recipe being Haitian Pumpkin and Beef Soup, from Milk Street. It was quite hot with the two chocolate habs I used in it, but then, I cut them in half, instead of leaving whole, as in the recipe. Flavor came out great!

That was sort of a late lunch, and later I made a red Thai curry, for dinner - another one of those things I made to use up some excess Thai basil I had to trim away. I don't think I even used half of it with that 1 1/2 cups. I put some more butternut in this, along with chicken, large chunks of onion (something I put in most of my Thai curries), some under-ripe pineapple, and some chunks of green pepper. I have a lot of left-overs now! And I have been known to eat Thai curry for breakfast! lol

Actually, that soup was hotter from those two habs than the Thai curry, with a half cup of curry paste. :ohmy:

Today (sorry, yesterday) I made a batch of butternut squash soup, the original recipe being Haitian Pumpkin and Beef Soup, from Milk Street. It was quite hot with the two chocolate habs I used in it, but then, I cut them in half, instead of leaving whole, as in the recipe. Flavor came out great!

That was sort of a late lunch, and later I made a red Thai curry, for dinner - another one of those things I made to use up some excess Thai basil I had to trim away. I don't think I even used half of it with that 1 1/2 cups. I put some more butternut in this, along with chicken, large chunks of onion (something I put in most of my Thai curries), some under-ripe pineapple, and some chunks of green pepper. I have a lot of left-overs now! And I have been known to eat Thai curry for breakfast! lol

Actually, that soup was hotter from those two habs than the Thai curry, with a half cup of curry paste. :ohmy:
Any photos?

...If there is a thread of this nature already created where you all are posting pictures of your own dishes, feel free to direct me there...
They aren't food photos (mostly), but we do have a thread where we post photos we like - mostly taken by the person posting the photo. Oddly enough, it's called the Random Photo Thread. :D You can find hundreds of photos for entertainment on a cold, lazy day. Or now, even.

I remember spending several hours each week both in high school and in college darkrooms. I eventually turned part of my single apartment into a darkroom...
Himself had a regular, every-other year job for a dance studio while he was in college and for the first six years we were married. He would do studio shots when the costumes arrived, then lots of photos on the day of the recital. The middle year we lived in an apartment coincided with a recital year. It's a good thing it was a 2-bedroom with a bath and a half. He took over the main bath, used the counter for some rolling contraption to keep the bath washing over a print, had his pans of solutions all in the tub, perched his enlarger on a sturdy card table that straddled the toilet, and pasted the just-rinsed photos all over the tile walls of the bathtub. Needless to say, he had to break down the darkroom regularly so we could maintain good hygiene. :LOL: By the time we moved into our house, he had found a very good lab - recommended by the staff photographer of Goodrich Tires. This is a picture that photographer took (if my memory is right) that hung in his office:

s-l1000.jpg

Linda, have you noticed how easy it is for us to go completely
t1207.gif
? :ermm:

Last edited:
I lost my last phone when I was in the hospital,(again!) So Pirate bought me a smartphone . I knew it took pictures, but was just to lazy to find out how to do it.

Yea!!! I finally bit the bullet and had Pirate teach me how it all works. So hopefully, I can post a picture of the Christmas Wreath cake. This year I have to make two of them. My grandson wants one also.

I don't mind. Conversations evolve ;)

And besides, you're still talking about pictures, which is what I asked about in the first place :LOL:

Someone will always bring it back on subject. I have to admit, they do have some fantastic pics of food here and they are only from the members here. Makes me happy to look at them.

Back
Top Bottom