Pics of your own food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Growing up in a German family, we had Sauerbraten on special occasions, like birthday dinners, company, etc. My mom always made it with potato dumplings and my sister and I would just go crazy over that stuff. I ate some wonderful German cooking growing up, especially by my grandmother.

Mom's side of the family is German and dad's side of the family is Dutch.

Bacon & Egg Soup

Bacon & Egg Soup 6.jpg

Bacon & Egg Soup 7.jpg

Growing up in a German family, we had Sauerbraten on special occasions, like birthday dinners, company, etc. My mom always made it with potato dumplings and my sister and I would just go crazy over that stuff. I ate some wonderful German cooking growing up, especially by my grandmother.

Mom's side of the family is German and dad's side of the family is Dutch.

My oma made stuffed kartoffelklosse to have with the sauerbraten. I usually have this as my birthday dinner and make extra kartoffelklosse to slice and fry next morning for breakfast. They are great with eggs and something different from home fries. Rotkohl is the other side dish.

Was there supposed to be a picture with that?

No, haven't made it yet.

THX, but not any more........... Cooking for one is just no fun...........
If you follow the Daily menu posts, you'll see what I mean ...

:ermm:

THX, but not any more........... Cooking for one is just no fun...........
If you follow the Daily menu posts, you'll see what I mean ...

:ermm:

No, I don't really follow those. But every now and then, you should still make yourself a nice slap-up meal.

Since my husband passed away in September, it's been difficult to learn how to cook for just my son and I. I still sometimes make enough for 3 people.

My oma made stuffed kartoffelklosse to have with the sauerbraten. I usually have this as my birthday dinner and make extra kartoffelklosse to slice and fry next morning for breakfast. They are great with eggs and something different from home fries. Rotkohl is the other side dish.

My hub absolutely adored German red cabbage. Our favorite German restaurant is called Hofbrauhaus and they have awesome Rotkohl, wonderful fried cabbage, delicious German potato salad, the best Schnitzel, etc. And they serve Weisswurst the traditional way, poached and served in a beautiful traditional pot with soft pretzels and sweet Bavarian mustard. That mustard is to die for and I buy it online, always having it on hand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom